How to Jailbreak IOS 4.2.1 Software
Jailbreaking, for the uninitiated, is a term used to describe the
process of hacking a mobile device to lift the restrictions put in place
by the software maker or manufacturer, in this case, Apple.People jailbreak their ipods and phones to gain access to the full extent of you ipod and/or iphone. If you jailbreak you can download free appstore apps, tweaks, widgets, even backgrounds Apple would not legalize. Of course jailbreaking is free, legal. and should be done. If you're paying $200 for an iphone, then$70-90+ a month, why not get the full power of your iphone. Like tethering your iphone to use as a modem for your labtop, or downloading millions of songs from your iphone/ipod for free and then transfer the songs to your ipod app. Isn't that a dream come true-a free iTunes. All on your own handy iphone/ ipod touch. Jailbreaking is very cool and should be done by everyone who owns an iphone and don't worry is does not mess with your iphone.
In order to jailbreak you will need a tool called "greenpoison". Green poison is a jailbreaking software you must download from the link at the bottom. This jailbreak supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G.*Even apple tv 2nd gen*. Here are the steps:
- Backup and restore your device to 4.2.1 software. Then set it up as a new device in itunes.
- Plug in your iphone/ipod touch and shut it off.
- Download and run Greenpoison. The instructions will show what to do and how to do them without no trouble. You will need to put your device into DFU mode(Hold down home/sleep for 15 seconds, then release sleep while still holding home. Your device will turn off then turn back on)
- When your device enters DFU mode, the jailbreaking process will be underway.
- When it is done you'll have a loader icon on the homescreen.
- Lastly, tap cydia and go nuts in the jailbreak appstore.
My next Hub will be on the top apps and tweaks to get from Cydia.HAVE FUN!