How to Load ipad Globe Sim Card | Check Balance and more
Want to load or reload your Globe sim card to use the internet in your ipad? You just bought your new ipad 2 wifi plus 3G or the new ipad 3 wifi plus 4G and you want to use and rely on your 3G or 4G because you’re outside a wifi zone. I admit I prefer using a prepaid service from Globe Telecom compared to using postpaid since I don’t need to use my microsim all the time. Besides, their postpaid is pricey to match the unlimited web service anytime anywhere. I can just consume my prepaid whenever the need arise… That way, I save a lot.
So let’s cut the chase, how to load your Globe sim card for ipad really? It is so easy. I have listed the ways here – all you have to do is choose which way suits you and your access.
Loading Globe MicroSim and Nano Sim using the Globe Services App
This is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to load your prepaid internet service to use your ipad 3G or ipad 4G. This applies to Globe MicroSim and NanoSim. It is so convenient and cool too because you can also check your balance anytime by clicking the app and viewing it. In a tap, you can reload, view other Globe services and related products. You can also view maps and Globe Stores and Hotspots near you. If you are enrolled under postpaid, surfing the internet is unlimited and automatic provided it is tied on your terms. This app contains all the other ways on how to load Globe sim for ipad and other services too like Blackberry, iphone, Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Follow the steps below:
1. Download Globe Services for ipad App. It’s free. Go to your Appstore and search it, then install it.
2. Register your mobile number and SIM serial number. After you have successfully downloaded the app, click it and a window will appear about your registration. Click Register Now. Take note that your SIM Serial Number is a 16-digit number found at the back of your MicroSim Card. Once registered, you will be given a PIN. Please remember it, better yet, write it somewhere and keep it because you will use it in services like checking prepaid balance and activating other stuff in the app.
3. Load or reload your prepaid service.
- Via Share a Load – this is already familiar and popular to all of us Globe and Touch Mobile subscribers and users. All you have to do is type the amount you like to share and load and send it to 2 + 10-digit mobile number.
Example: To share 100 worth of load, type 100 and send to 29271234488
- Via GCash – you can either load your GCash Wallet by going to Globe GCash loading stations or simply texting:
Load (space) Amount (space) 4-digit MPIN and send to 2882 + iPad mobile number
Example: Load 25 1234 send to 28829271234488
- Via Paypal – click Reload and choose Paypal. Activate your Paypal settings with the app and use it every time you want to subscribe or load to a service like the list below.
Loading Globe Sim Card for ipad Old Way:
The early times especially the time when iphone was released and ipad with 3G came along, people used to cut their little sim cards to fit the ipad sim tray at the back. And loading them to get use of the prepaid services Globe offer for subscribers to surf the internet and browse the web is a little tasky. To load the ipad sim, you need to remove the sim card and insert it on any mobile phone capable of texting SMS or any usual phone you use to text or call that is fit for Globe. Since almost phones today are open-lined already, any phone can do. You then type the service like Powersuf or Supersurf for prepaid. Once registered, you can then browse the web, view youtube videos, download an app, Facebook or Twitter anyone, whatever you want.
Example: Powersurf type POWERSURF15 and send to 8888
Example: Supersurf type SUPERSURF50 and send to 8888
Some more options and loads are available for Powersurf and Supersurf. Some are valid for more days and month.