Make iPhone LED Flash for Incoming Calls
Introduction and iPhone Requirements
The iPhone's ringer and vibration features will almost always alert you to an incoming phone call. However, if you're iPhone is set to vibrate only and the iPhone isn't situated so you can feel it, or if your iPhone is set up to ring only in a loud area, you may miss phone calls from time to time. To help prevent from missing an important phone call, you can set the iPhone's LED display up to flash when you receive a phone call. The flash is bright, quick and will catch your eye if your iPhone is within viewing distance and you have a call coming in. Only an iPhone 4 or later model iPhone running iOS 5.0 or later can enable this functionality. This functionality works in combination with any other incoming call alerts on your iPhone, such as ringing or a vibration, and does not disable any of those features if its enabled. You can set your iPhone up so that the LED screen flashes when you receive an incoming call through the smartphone's Settings app.
What do you most frequently use your iPhone for?
- Tap the "Settings" app on your iPhone's home screen. The Settings app is gray and features an image of a gear.
- Tap "General" at the top of the third section.
- Scroll down to the fifth section and then tap "Accessibility" at the bottom of that section.
- Scroll down to the third section in the Accessibility window.
- Tap the "ON/OFF" toggle to the right of LED Flash for Alerts until "ON" appears in white lettering on a blue background.
- Press your iPhone's "Home" button to save your changes. Your iPhone's LED screen will now flash in addition to ringing or vibrating whenever you receive a phone call.
- You can disable this functionality at any time by navigating back to the iPhone's Accessibility window and then tapping the "ON/OFF" toggle to the right of LED Flash for Alerts until "OFF" appears in gray lettering on a white background. Press the "Home" button to save your changes and return to your iPhone's home screen.
More iPhone Articles!
- How to Set Up Custom iPhone Vibrations
Create custom vibrations for individual contacts on your iPhone so you can know who's calling you without having stop what you're doing, reach into your pocket and check your iPhone's screen.
© 2011 Max Dalton