How to Pass your COMPTIA A+ Certification Exam
If you are a beginner like me in the IT field, getting your CompTIA A+ certification is like getting across the other side of the ocean you never know existed. I once dream of getting IT certifications but I didn’t know that one day, I am going to get it.
It took me 9 months to eventually have the courage to take it. One, I don’t have enough knowledge when it comes to IT terminologies. Second, I’m afraid of failing it because my employer are paying for it (it’s like $500 for both tests). Third, I feel like I have to study more because I don’t feel confident I’m going to pass it.
Anyways, getting your COMPTIA A+ certification requires 2 separate tests, the Hardware (901) and the Software (902). You cannot get your certificate if you only pass one exam. Sometimes, exam takers get 901 on this month and 902 on the second month for them to be able to study one test at a time. It is up to you on how to schedule it, if you are comfortable taking both test at the same time or not.
Last March 6, 2017, I scheduled my certification exam for both 901 & 902. I’ve been studying for quite a while and I feel like the journey has to end. I was able to pass the both test and in just one day, I feel like I am soaring through the clouds.
Do you already have a COMPTIA A+ Certification?
I am going to share some tips that I have learned during the course of time studying and getting the actual test.
- Read A+ books, study reviewers, take online simulations until you understand and master the questions. Believe me or not, I have studied lots of reviewer books but the exam proved to be harder. There was only 2-3 questions that came up that was on my reviewer. The trick was not to memorize but to understand. They will rephrase the question but with the same idea so my suggestion is that you have to understand what they are asking you. Sometimes, they put words that are irrelevant and that will confuse you. But the trick is to dissect the main idea of what the real scenario is.
- Do a lot of hands-on exercises. If you know the basic concepts of computer and troubleshooting, then you will understand the question even if they will try to confuse you. There are a lot of websites that offer practice tests for both 901 & 902.
- When taking the test, don’t take too long in one number. If you don’t know the answer, just put your first choice then mark the question for review. Anyway, you can go back later and you still have the chance to change it. Remember that you will be given a certain amount of time to finish the test. When the time is up, it will automatically close.
- Be confident and don’t rattle yourself if you don’t know the answer. Sometimes, the answer might be on the next question. You just have to read and be attentive to every question.
- You will know the result after you are done with your test. So all the good lucks and be positive.
© 2017 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.