How to Politely Promote with Twitter and Increase Your Twitter Followers
Twitter isn’t for Everybody
Before jumping in, if you’re not trying to promote yourself or your business and don’t have a lot of real-life friends who are Twitter then it can quickly become nothing more than a stream of irrelevant information. You will not use and your twitter account will be useless
For the average person there is little to no benefit at all to have a Twitter account. However those who are tech savy and understand that twitter and social media is quickly becoming the fastest way to get news.
Starting with Twitter
The first thing that you need to do is have your own twitter account, this guide to set up your first twitter account is very helpful, Once you have that we can start to get followers by offering you content. I always try to provide useful content to my followers; my twitter account is set up to post new hubpages I post and new blog posts as well. This form of self promotion makes me keep my content relevant; the odd post on the weekend may be ablaut where I am working at the moment. One thing I find useful is to read what you re-tweet that way if you feel your followers will benefit from it you can again provide great content.
Before you start to gather follower or start any promotion, make sure to write twenty tweets to fill out your first page, space them out by at least 15-20 minutes apart from each one. Once that’s done continue to tweet every day or every other day, I tend to tweet 4-5 times at max for a week. I only want to provide useful content, these are tweets in addition to my blog post and hub page posts.
What is a Twitter Hashtag?
The twitter hashtag is a method to categorize Tweets around a particular subject. Simply put, these are tags that help those who are looking for similar content discovered by Tweets. According to the official source:
“Hashtags are a community-driven convention for adding additional context and metadata to your tweets. They’re like tags on Flickr, only added inline to your post. You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.”
Hashtags Have always been popular despite the fact there are people who would prefer their streams to be person to person rather then tagged up.
Five Ways to Increase Your Twitter Followers
- Fill out your bio page in full. Your latest tweets and @replies don’t go as far when someone doesn’t know you. Your bio page is the first place you have that tells people who you are. Twitter is social just like Facebook and follower’s like to know about you
- Link to your twitter feed. Putting links to your Twitter profile or feed. Link it on your blog, Hubpage profile, Facebook, , email signatures, there are a lot of places to fit that link.
- Tweet about relevant subjects to your work and #hash tag them. Quality content coupled with an easy means to find it never fails. The easier it is for your followers to find information the better
- Start a contest. If you had an Ipad and wanted to use it you can offer it in a contest. Once word get’s out you’ll see and immediate increase in your followers.
- Follow top twitter users and see what they tweet. Pay attention to the type of content they tweet and how they interact with their followers.
Using Twitter Search to Find Tweeps that are Like-minded
With the addition of using the search function in twitter you can easily find people in your field or niche. This way your followers are more topic oriented and you can offer relevant tweets. The best method of using the Search function follows:
1) Find the Search Link at the bottom of the Twitter home page
2) The Twitter Search Page will appear in a new window or tab
2) Type in the subject or topic you are interested in following
3) A page will appear that has shows posts using that keyword phrase
4) Click on the people who posted and following them.
This will help build a niche oriented list that will provide useful information and offer a way to communicate your content effectively
Will you Benefit from using Twitter
Twitter is fast becoming the medium of choice to spread information quickly to numerous people. Business owners who become more comfortable using Twitter will benefit from the instant word of mouth marketing Twitter provides as it will become invaluable.
If so, Add me @mcconnellgrp