- Android Phones
How to Put On and Remove OtterBox Defender for Samsung Galaxy S3
The OtterBox Defender offers two layers of protection for the Samsung Galaxy S3: a hard layer directly on the phone, and then a soft layer around that. The OtterBox Defender also has a built-in screen cover. However, all of this protection comes with a price, which is that figuring out how to put on and take apart the OtterBox Defender for the Samsung Galaxy S3 can be confusing, and you have to work through the process a few times to feel comfortable with it.
Save on Cards Against Humanity: A Party Game for Horrible People
What do you use your Samsung Galaxy S3 for most?
How to Put OtterBox Defender Case on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Lay your Samsung Galaxy S3 inside of the rear section of the hard plastic case. The rear section of the hard plastic case has padding on the inside to rest the back of your Samsung Galaxy S3 against. Another way you can differentiate the back of the hard plastic case from the front part of the hard plastic case is that the back of the hard plastic case has a plastic piece covering a hole for the camera. Additionally, the front part of the hard plastic case is covered by a large plastic piece, making it possible for you to see your Samsung Galaxy S3 screen after the OtterBox Defender case is applied.
- Place the hard plastic piece that covers the Samsung Galaxy S3's screen over the phone's screen so that the grooves along the bottom of the front cover fit into the matching grooves along the bottom edge of the rear section of the hard plastic case.
- Squeeze the interlocking pieces in the center of the left and right sides of the hard plastic case until you hear each individual piece click and lock into place. The hard plastic case should now be securely on the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Slide the bottom part of the Samsung Galaxy S3 into the bottom part of the soft rubber shell part of the OtterBox Defender case.
- Carefully pull the top part of the soft rubber shell around the left, right and top edges of the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Fit the rubber nubs on the outer edges of the shell into the grooves of the hard plastic case. There are grooves on the left, right and top sides of the hard plastic case. After this process is complete, the OtterBox Defender case has been successfully applied to your smartphone.
Rate Samsung Galaxy S3
How to Remove OtterBox Defender Case for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Carefully pull the rubber nubs along the edges of the soft rubber shell out from the slots they're sitting in on the hard plastic case.
- Grab the upper edge of the soft rubber shell and carefully pull it up and away from the hard plastic case. Carefully remove the soft rubber shell from the hard plastic case.
- Position a finger under any one of the interlocking pieces along the edges of the hard plastic case and very gently pry upward until the two pieces are no longer locked together on that side. Work your way clockwise around the phone, repeating this process for the interlocking pieces until all of these pieces are no longer locked together.
- Slide the top part of the hard plastic case upward and then remove the top part of the hard plastic case from the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Remove the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the rear part of the hard plastic case. The smartphone has been successfully removed from the OtterBox Defender case.