How to Set a Custom Signature in Gmail
Gmail is definitely one of today’s most widely used free email service. It supports different platforms making it easier for you to send and receive emails on your PC or smartphone. In Gmail, you can also use custom signatures. Using your own custom signature can be quite advantageous especially if you’re using Gmail for business or work. Not only does it convey professionalism, it also serves as a great promotion tool.
By knowing how to use a custom signature in Gmail, you can further reach out to your contacts plus it gives people the impression that you’re serious in what you do.
The steps below will teach you how to set a custom signature in Gmail via your web browser.
Setting a Custom Signature in Gmail for Web
- Open your default web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and log in to your Gmail account.
- Once you’re logged in, you can see your inbox. On top of your inbox, find the gear icon. It is located on the top-right and just below your Google account photo. Click on it and then go to “Settings”.
- Under settings, make sure that you’re on the “General” tab and then scroll down. Look for the option that says “Signature”. By default, it will be set to “No Signature”. Click the radio button or option button just right below it and then enter your desired custom Gmail signature on the WYSIWYG editor. Format your signature and add links if necessary.
- Click the check box next to “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it” if you want to insert your custom signature before the quoted text in replies. If unchecked, your signature will appear at the very bottom part of your email replies.
- Once done, scroll all the way down the settings page and click “Save Changes”.
That’s it. So every time you compose or reply to emails, your email signature will be automatically included.
Do note that if you’re using the Gmail app on mobile, the custom signature that you’ve set on Gmail for Web may not appear. Thus, you may need to set it again using the Gmail app. You can do this regardless if you’re using an Android or iPhone. What’s important is that you must be using the official Gmail for Mobile application.
So there you have it! Now that you know how to set a custom Gmail signature, you can finally utilize it to reach out your contacts like a pro.
- How to mark all unread emails as read in Gmail
If you want to learn how to keep your Gmail inbox clean by marking all unread emails as read, then simply follow these quick and easy steps.
- How to Add an Image Signature in Google Mail (Gmail)
A friendly yet complete guide on how to add image or photo signature in your Gmail. Follow the steps in this article, and you'll have your signature looking dashing in no time!
- How to Manage Multiple Gmail Accounts
There are several different ways to deal with multiple Gmail accounts, including multiple sign-in, delegation, and a browser plugin. Find out the one that suits your needs best here.
© 2017 Kent Peligrino