- Computers & Software»
- Operating Systems»
How to Shutdown your Windows Automatically
Shutdown Command In DOS
Shutdown Windows PC
How to shutdown your pc automatically using scheduled tasks XP.
Did you know that there is a built in functionality that you can call that would shutdown a pc using windows at any given time. Follow the steps below.
1. Click start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Task.
2. Click Add Scheduled Task and click next afterwards.
3. Click Browse
4. In the file name type the following %systemroot%system32shutdown.exe and click Open and click next
5. Click Daily to perform the task on a daily basis.
In Window 7 Here are the commands
- Click Start
- Click All Programs
- Click Accessories Folder
- Click System Tools
- Click Task Scheduler
- On Task Scheduler user interface, click Task Scheduler Library
- On the Actions pane, click Create Basic Task
- Type anything you want in Name and Description text boxes
- Choose your time. In our example below we choose 1:15:06 PM.
- Select Start a Program
- Finally add this command %systemroot%system32shutdown.exe and in argument supply the -t 01 -f
The -f force will force all running applications to close without forewarning users.
For further details you can find shutdown parameters by typing shutdown.exe /? in command prompt as shown below.