How to Sync Facebook Events with Google Calendar
This simple tutorial covers how to grab the URL of your Facebook Events Calendar and add it to your Google Calendar, so that they always sync.
I would first like to mention that the steps in this tutorial are meant to be followed on a laptop. I can't guarantee that they will work if you're from a mobile device!
Some Things to Consider
- Log in to Google with the same account you use to sync data on your smartphone.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Facebook account as well.
- For ease of access, log into Facebook in one tab and log into Google into a second one.
1. Left-hand side on your news feed, click on Events
2. The page contains 3 columns; take note of the 3rd one
3. Scroll down until you see the bottom of that 3rd column, with the copyright notice being the last section of it (fig. 1)
4. Right click on Upcoming Events and click Copy Link Location
(you can repeat the same procedure for Birthdays later on)
5. Switch to the tab with your Google account
- Head to: http://calendar.google.com
- On the left hand side of the screen, click on the arrow next to Other Calendars (fig. 2)
- From the menu that appears, click Add by URL (fig. 3)
- A pop-up with a text field will appear; paste the link you copied from Facebook there (fig. 4)
- Click on Add Calendar
You're Done! Don't forget to sync your Android device.