How to Update Asus Transformer Firmware
Installing firmware updates on your Asus Transformer is something simple you can do to try resolving an issue with your device, improve your device's performance or add new functionality that's part of the firmware update. Asus makes it possible to install firmware updates via a Wi-Fi connection or by downloading the firmware update to your computer, transferring it to a MicroSD card and then inserting the card into your Asus Transformer.
Update Asus Transformer Firmware Over Wi-Fi
If your Asus Transformer is connected to a Wi-Fi network, a dialog box with a down-pointing arrow appears in the Notification Area located in the lower-right corner of the tablet, informing you that a firmware update is available for installation on your device. if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network and you see this dialog box, use the following instructions to update your Asus Transformer's firmware:
- Tap the down-pointing arrow in the dialog box notifying you that a firmware update is available for your Asus Transformer tablet. A message appears advising you to check the available battery life on your Asus Transformer before beginning the firmware update. If your battery dies in the middle of the firmware update, it could cause problems with your device. To avoid the battery dying during the update, connect the tablet to a power supply or ensure you have a fully charged battery.
- Tap "OK" beneath the warning about the importance of having a full battery during the firmware update.
- Tap "Install" in the next box to begin installing the Asus Transformer firmware update. Alternatively, you can tap the "Postpone" button and then select whether you want to be reminded about the firmware update in one, three or six hours, or in one day. After you elect to install the firmware update, the installation automatically begins. After the update is installed on your Asus Transformer, the tablet will automatically restart. After the tablet restarts, the firmware update is complete and you can resume using the tablet as you normally would.
More Technology Articles!
- How to Improve Your Wireless Signal
Is your wireless signal constantly weak and doesn't reach as far as you feel like it should? Read this article to find out several things you can do to improve your wireless signal.
- Troubleshoot Netflix Problems on Xbox 360
Netflix can be crippled on the Xbox 360 in a variety of ways. Common problems include content being displayed as temporarily unavailable, videos being pixelated or blurry, and the application simply not responding.
Update Asus Transformer Without Wi-Fi
If you don't have access to a Wi-Fi network on your Asus Transformer, you can install the most recent firmware update using a MicroSD card by doing the following:
- Tap the "Apps Menu" icon on your Asus Transformer tablet and then tap "Settings."
- Tap "About Tablet." A list of information about your tablet appears on the right side of the tablet. Scroll down until you arrive at Build Number.
- Write down the Build Number of your device.
- Open the Web browser an a computer connected to the Internet and navigate to www.support.asus.com.
- Type the Build Number for your device that you wrote down in the Search By box on the right side of the screen, then press "Enter." A Search Results screen appears.
- Click the "Download" option affiliated with your specific model of Asus Transformer that appears in the Search Results screen. The Support page for your specific model of Asus Transformer appears and the Download tab is selected by default.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of "OS" and then select the operating system on your tablet. This will almost always be the Android operating system. A list of more options appears in the space beneath the OS drop-down box.
- Click the expansion box to the left of Firmware and then download the most recent firmware update available for your device to your computer, which should have saved as a ZIP file.
- Connect a MicroSD card reader to your computer if a MicroSD card reader isn't built in to your computer. Insert a MicroSD card and format it so there's no other information on it.
- Extract the contents of the firmware update ZIP file you downloaded to your computer to the formatted MicroSD card connected to your computer.
- Eject the MicroSD card from your computer and, with your Asus Transformer powered on, insert the card into the MicroSD slot on your tablet. An icon featuring an exclamation point inside of a triangle appears in the tablet's Notification Area; this icon signifies that the firmware update has been detected on the MicroSD card.
- Tap the icon with the exclamation point inside of a triangle. A dialog box appears directly above the Notification Area informing you that a firmware update is available.
- Tap the icon on the left side of the dialog box.
- Tap "OK" in the next dialog box to verify that the update is the one you want to install. A note appears informing you that the battery should either be fully charged or connected to a power supply. Tap "OK" after checking that your battery is full or connected to a power supply. The firmware update begins. The Asus Transformer tablet restarts after the firmware update is complete. A message appears after the device restarts notifying you that the firmware update is complete. You can resume using the device as your normally would.