- Audio & Video
How to Update Dynex TV Firmware
Updating the firmware on your Dynex TV is a great way to add new functionality and features to your TV. Further, if you're having problems with your TV, try installing the most recent firmware update for your TV and see if that resolves the problem; this sometimes works because Dynex will attempt to address some known issues with certain TV models through firmware updates. However, be aware that firmware updates aren't available for every Dynex TV and are only released by the company as needed.
Steps for Updating Dynex TV Firmware
- Connect a blank USB flash drive to your computer.
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the Dynex Support and Service website, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- Enter the model number associated with your product in the blue Search box. The support page for your specific Dynex TV appears.
- Scroll down the page until you arrive at the Drivers, Firmware and Software section. If this section doesn't exist, no firmware update is available for your Dynex TV.
- Click the link to the right of Firmware Update and then save the firmware update ZIP file to the USB flash drive. After the firmware update file is finished downloading to the USB flash drive, disconnect the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Unplug your Dynex TV's power cable and then connect the USB flash drive containing the firmware update into any of the available USB ports on the Dynex TV labelled Service or Service/USB.
- Connect the Dynex TV's power cable back into an AC outlet. The TV will power itself on automatically and initiate the firmware update process on its own. As the update is being installed, the Dynex TV's Power button will flicker between red and blue and the text "Please wait" appears on the screen. After the "Please wait" text disappears from the Dynex TV screen, the firmware update is finished installing.
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from the TV and then disconnect the TV's power cable from the AC outlet it's connected to.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cable to an AC outlet and power the Dynex TV back on. The firmware update is finished and you can continue using the TV as you normally would.
Why You Should Update Firmware
© 2012 Max Dalton