How to Update Magnavox Blu-ray Firmware
Firmware updates for Magnavox Blu-ray players optimize the performance of the company's Blu-ray players, address issues that were discovered after the device was shipped from the factory and can add new functionality to your device. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection, a blank disc and a CD burner and you can update your Magnavox Blu-ray firmware in no time at all. Don't panic if you don't see a firmware update available for your model of Magnavox Blu-ray player; firmware updates are only released as they are needed, and may never be released for your device if the company doesn't feel it's warranted.
Rate Your Magnavox Blu-ray Player (All Models)
How many hours per week do you spend watching movies?
More Technology Articles!
- How to Improve Your Wireless Signal
Is your wireless signal constantly weak and doesn't reach as far as you feel like it should? Read this article to find out several things you can do to improve your wireless signal.
- How to Surf the Web Anonymously
Learn how to initiate an anonymous Web surfing session that won't be tracked. People won't have any way of knowing what you were doing or what sites you looked at.
How to Upgrade Magnavox Blu-ray Player Firmware
- Click here to navigate to the Magnavox Support Download Web page.
- Enter the model number of your Magnavox Blu-ray player in the Search field and then press "Enter." Downloads for manuals, leaflets, firmware and other content specific to your Blu-ray player appear on the lower half of the Download window.
- Scroll down the screen, looking for a Firmware section. If there is no Firmware section, then no firmware update is available for your Magnavox Blu-ray player. However, if there is a Firmware section, click the "Download" button beneath the File Name section that corresponds with the firmware update you want to download. Save the firmware update file to your computer. The firmware update file will be roughly 50 MB and will be in the ZIP file format.
- After the file is successfully downloaded, navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved the firmware update file and then extract the contents of the update to their own folder. The ZIP file should just contain one file -- a BIN file.
- Burn the BIN file to a CD and then remove the CD from your computer.
- If your Magnavox Blu-ray player isn't turned off, power the device down.
- Press the "Eject" button on the front of the player or on the remote control that came with the device to eject the disc tray. Place the disc containing the firmware update file in the disc tray and then close the disc tray and then close the tray. After the Magnavox Blu-ray player reads the disc, the Software Upgrade dialog box will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Highlight "Yes" using the arrow buttons on the remote control and then press "OK." The Loading Software message appears inside the Software Upgrade dialog box. Eventually, the "New upgrade data verified" message appears in the Software Update dialog box. At this point, eject the disc tray, remove the firmware update disc and then close the disc tray. After the Magnavox Blu-ray player processes that the disc has been removed, the "Upgrading in progress" message appears in the Software Update dialog box. When the firmware update is finished installing, the message changes to read "FINISH."
- Disconnect the Magnavox Blu-ray player's power cable from the outlet it's connected to. Wait for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting the power cable to the outlet and then powering the Blu-ray player back on. The firmware on your Magnavox player is successfully upgraded and you can resume using the player as you normally would.