- Audio & Video
How to Update Toshiba TV Firmware
Updating the firmware on your Toshiba TV is an easy way to try resolving software problems with your TV. For example, if the volume isn't working as it should, the Wi-Fi cuts in and out without reason and many other problems. Additionally, Toshiba adds functionality to optimize the TV's performance and occasionally add new functionality. Firmware updates are free, generally take 20 minutes from the time you start downloading the file and only require a USB flash drive.
How many hours per week do you spend watching TV?
More Technology Articles!
- Troubleshoot Netflix Problems on Wii
Are you tired of connection problems with Netflix on your Nintendo Wii? Is Netflix content choppy or blurry on the Wii? Check this article to learn how you can troubleshoot your problem to get the best quality streaming Netflix content possible.
- How to Tell What iPhone Model You Have
Learn how to tell what model of iPhone you have by looking at the physical characteristics and markings on your device. Knowing what iPhone model you have lets you know what software your device supports and what third-party devices are compatible.
How to Update Toshiba TV Firmware
- Plug a USB flash drive in to an available USB port on your computer and copy any files from the drive that you want to keep into a separate folder on your computer.
- Format the drive as a FAT32 file system. This erases all of the files currently on the USB flash drive.
- Click here to open the Toshiba Support home page.
- Click "Product Support" in the menu along the top of the home page. The Product Support drop-down menu opens.
- Select "Televisions" beneath Choose Category.
- Select your type of Toshiba TV beneath Choose Family. For example, options include 3D TV, LCD TV and LED TV.
- Select your Toshiba TV model beneath Choose Model.
- Click the red "Go" button to the right of the Choose Model section after selecting your Toshiba TV model. The product support page for that specific TV model will be displayed.
- Select the "Downloads" tab. If there are no downloads available for your TV model, either your won't be able to click the tab or there will be a message within the tab that says there are no downloads at this time. If this is the case, no firmware updates are available for your Toshiba TV. Check back periodically, as firmware updates are released as needed and aren't scheduled.
- If there is content in the Downloads section, look in the Category section for an item titled TV Firmware. If this option doesn't appear, no firmware update is available. However, if this option does appear, click the clickable link associated with the firmware. The TV Firmware Update and Release Notes dialog box appears. In this dialog box you can see the size of the firmware update file, when it was released, exactly what it addresses and more.
- Click the red "Download Now" button and save the file to your connected USB flash drive.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file on the USB flash drive.
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from the computer after the firmware update file saves successfully to the device.
- Power on the Toshiba TV and then connect the USB flash drive to the USB port on the Toshiba TV.
- Wait a few moments for the "Firmware file is detected in USB" dialog box to appear on the screen. Select "Yes" to update the firmware. A progress bar displays on the screen. Be careful not to turn your TV off while the firmware is updating. The progress bar changes to a "Success!" message after the update successfully installs.
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from the TV and then restart the TV. After the TV restarts you can resume using the TV as you normally would.