- Internet & the Web»
How to Use CommentLuv with Your Blogger Blog
What is CommentLuv - It's a comment system plug-in that allows commenters to leave a titled link to their latest blog post or website along with comments they make on your blog.
Why Use CommentLuv - It gives visitors to your site incentive to leave comments, encouraging interaction and conversation, and adding indexable content to your blog.
How to use it on Blogger - CommentLuv can be used with your Blogger blog by installing the IntenseDebate commenting system and activating the CommentLuv plug-in. It's easy to do and it took me less than fifteen minutes to install and customize it and have it up and running on my Blogger Blog.
1. Sign-up for an IntenseDebate account, choosing "I want to install IntenseDebate on my website or blog".
2. An e-mail verification will be sent to the address you used to set-up the account. Check your e-mail and click on the link provided. Check your junk e-mail folder if you don't receive the message.
3. Follow the instructions from there by entering your blog url (address), choosing the platform (Blogger), and then following the detailed installation instructions on the next page.
4. Once IntenseDebate is installed on your blog, go to the main page of your IntenseDebate account under the "My Account" tab. Click the "Settings" link on the right, under "Manage Blogs/Sites".
5. Select "Plugins" from the choices on the left and then activate the CommentLuv plug-in.
Besides offering the CommentLuv plugin to Blogger users, IntenseDebate also provides an alternative to the native Blogger comments system and provides, what I think, is a better looking, more customizable system.
Are you more likely to leave a comment on a blog if it uses CommentLuv? Does a blog's comment system play any role in whether you make a comment or not?