- Internet & the Web
How to View That Forgotten Wireless Network Password
Let's face it, we have all forgotten our wireless passwords one time or another, many people just type in their wireless passwords once, select remember password and forget about it. The problem is in time you may require the password again, maybe you have a new device or want to share it with a friend or family member.
The good news is that it's actually really easy to view a forgotten wireless password by using built-in tools or applications. Below I have listed a few methods on how to find your wireless network password easily.
What you will need:
- A Computer connected to your wireless network
- A Wireless Network
View your password from a connected computer (Method 1)
This is by far one of the easiest ways to view your wireless network password. Before we begin make sure your account has administrator access.
1. Firstly, you will need to access your networks wireless properties, to do this you will have to click the wireless network icon on the taskbar in the lower right corner
2. Once you see your wireless network name right-click it and select properties
3. Now that you're viewing your networks wireless properties all you need to do now is select show characters, this will reveal your wireless network password
Application (Method 2)
In this method to show your wireless network password you will have to download an application called WirelessKeyView WirelessKeyView is one of the most simplest programs to use to view your wireless password. All you have to do is open the program.
1. Firstly, you will need to download the program, you can download it HERE
2. Once you have downloaded the program extract the RAR file to any place you want. I have chosen to extract it to the desktop for convenience
3. Once you have extracted the RAR file all you need to do now is open up WirelessKeyView.exe by double clicking it and it will display all the wireless networks you have ever connected to in the past, to the right of them are the passwords
I hope you enjoyed the How to View That Forgotten Wireless Network Password hub, if you have any questions, feel free to leave them below!