How to Watch Netflix on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Netflix introduced its official app for the iPad in April 2010 and rolled out the app for iPhone and iPod Touch users in August of 2010. The app lets you stream Watch Instantly content directly to your device. You can install the app directly from the App Store on each of the devices and you only need to enter the e-mail and password associated with your Netflix account to begin using the app. However, be aware that streaming content over a 3G connection and not a Wi-Fi connection can quickly put you over a data limit and lead to additional charges, so keep an eye on your data used if you stream regularly over a 3G connection.
More Apple Device Articles!
- How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Learn how to take a screenshot of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch screen so you can better illustrate what you're seeing to other people for help with your device, to help other people, to brag about your score on a game or other reasons.
- Extend iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Battery Life
If you don't think you're getting the mileage you expected out of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch battery, there are a number of settings you can tweak.
How to Set Up Netflix on Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Tap the "App Store" app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch home screen. The App Store opens on your device.
- Tap the "Search" icon along the bottom of the App Store app. Type "Netflix" in the search box that appears at the top of the app and then press "Search." A list of results appears.
- Tap the Netflix app that's developed by Netflix, Inc. The developer of the app is listed above the name of the app. The official Netflix app is red with the logo in the middle of it. The information screen for the Netflix app appears.
- Tap "Install" in the upper-right corner of the app's information page. The Install button will now say Free. Tap "Free." If you haven't downloaded or updated any apps in this session on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you'll be prompted to enter the password associated with your Apple ID. After entering the information associated with your Apple ID, the App Store closes and the home screen appears. A shaded version of the Netflix app appears on the home screen with the progress bar for the installation of the app along the bottom of it. When the Netflix app is finished downloading, the progress bar will disappear and the app will be more brightly colored.
- Tap the Netflix app you just downloaded to open the program. You'll be prompted for the e-mail and password associated with your Netflix account.
- Enter the username and password associated with your Netflix account and then tap "Sign In." You'll be redirected to the Home part of the application. This page displays the most recently watched content, content you started watching but didn't finish and content that Netflix has determined you may be interested in based on ratings you've provided and content you've recently watched.
- Tap "Genres" along the bottom of the app to view the broad list of genres to help you sort through content, such as Action and Adventure, Children and Family, Dramas and more.
- Tap "Search" to query a specific title. Results that are returned are only those available to Watch Instantly and not DVDs that may be available as part of your package.
- Tap "Instant Queue" to view your Instant Queue that you've added titles to.
- Tap the "Play" button on any movies you want to watch. Tap the information area available just outside of the content to see more information about that specific content, such as a summary, rating, cast list and more.