How to block other people using my internet in my Linksys router
Block your internet being used by others
There are few people who really doesn't want to allow their internet being used by others. This hub is especially for those people. This option is applicable in all kinds of router. I am gonna cover only about Linkys router in this hub page.
Follow the procedure below to block your internet from others. (Note: Please try out this procedure on your wired computer)
1) Login to your linksys setup page. For those who doesn't know how to login to the Linksys setup page can refer my other hub by clicking the below link.
2) In the setup page. You will find a Tab named "Access Restrictions".
3) Enable an Internet Access Policy by selecting the enable option like in the screen shot above.
4) Enter a policy name in the field available(Ex:Karthick's Policy)
5) Click on Edit List of PCs button. Fill in the Mac-Address of your PC which can acheived by doing the following
Start-->Run-->Command-->Click OK. In the black window type ipconfig/all to find the screenshot below.
6)Click on "Save Settings" button to save your changes
Then do not forget to check the below options.
3) 24 hours