How to buy Nigerian airtime with an ATM card
Buying recharge cards is what most mobile phone users now do in Nigeria mostly on a daily basis. There is a lot of money going into recharging a gsm sim as the need for communication remains a growing one. These airtime cards or recharge cards as they are commonly called is a card that carries a set of digits referred to as recharge PIN that allows a gsm subscriber to top up airtime on his mobile phone.
Nowadays, in Nigeria, recharge cards are sold at various public outlets like stores, road side, gsm offices and at banks. You can also buy airtime in Nigeria from the web and at ATM locations. There are at times when recharge cards become scarce and prices for available ones would only increase.
How about being able to buy recharge cards when you want even when the physical cards are scarce. Well you can this on an ATM with your debit card as long as you know where to locate them.
How to buy recharge card with an ATM card
- First locate an ATM in your area
- Insert your ATM card
- Enter your 4 digit PIN discretely
- Select the Quickteller or Airtime recharge option
- Select your network e.g. MTN, Glo, Airtel or Etisalat
- Select the amount or choose Other to enter a specific amount
- Enter your mobile phone number e.g. 0803+++++++
- Confirm your purchase
- Your phone would be credited while your bank account would be debited.
You would receive an SMS notification on your phone from the network for the Virtual top up and also from your bank if you've signed up for sms notifications.