- Computers & Software»
- Computer How-Tos & Tutorials
How to configure a proxy server in firefox
What is a proxy server ?
A proxy server is a computer system or an application program that will acts as an intermediate between clients seeking resources and other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some resource, available from a different source. The proxy server evaluates the request according to some filtering criteria. The proxy provides the resource by connecting to the relevant source , requesting the resource on behalf of the client.
A proxy server has two purposes:
- It keeps machines behind it anonymous (mainly for security).
- Speed up access to resource (via caching technique).
Configuring proxy in firefox
Configuring proxy server for firefox
- Open Firefox. Now select tools >> options.
- Click advanced tab
- Click settings
- Select manual settings option
- Now enter proxy details.
- Click ok
You have configured a proxy server in Firefox.