How to create a new MySQL database with MySQL Workbench?
To create a live website or dynamic website, a database must be needed. All live application like banking software, insurance company software, medical software, shopping website application etc. have database like Oracle database, MySQL database, Microsoft database or any other database. If you want to create or develop any java application or cms based website (like Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress), you also need to create a database first. In this page, you will learn how to create a new MySQL database with MySQL Workbench.
How to create a new MySQL database with MySQL Workbench
Follow the following steps to create a new MySQL database with MySQL Workbench:
1. Launch MySQL Workbench on your computer and connect to MySQL server.
2. At the top of MySQL workbench, a bunch of tools appear. Choose the tool which looks like database icon with plus(+) symbol.
Alternately, you can also right-click on the top of any database and a menu will appear. From there, you will see an option like Create Schema... You can also follow this way to create a new database with MySQL Workbench.
3. A new Schema window appears into the MySQL workbench. Type a name of the database in the Name field. Remember, this will be the name of the MySQL database. For example, we want our database name is hubpagesdb. So, we type hubpagesdb into the Name field.
4. Click on Apply button to continue.
5. Apply SQL Script to Database window appears. Here, you can review the SQL Script to be applied on the database. In fact, here you will find the actual command to create a database. Click on Apply button.
6. This is the final step to Apply SQL Script which has a Finish button to complete the creation of MySQL database using MySQL workbench. Just click on Finish button to complete.
After completing the above steps, you will see a new database has been created under SCHEMAS with the database name which you typed in step 3. As we typed hubpagesdb, we will see a database has bee created with the name hubpagesdb.
Following the above steps, you can easily crate a MySQL database with MySQL Workbench. MySQL Workbench is really easy and handy to create a database. You don't need to write any command to create the database. You just need to follow the steps to create the database successfully.