How to create recovery disks for HP computers
Creating recovery disks
It is very easy to create your own recovery disks as soon as you buy any computer, desktop or laptop, which involves only a few clicks. Why pay $40 at staples or Best Buy to create recovery discs that can be done by yourself using the HP's Recovery Manager software that comes with any HP computer. In fact, this should be one of the first things you should right after you buy a computer. Windows 7 operating system is preloaded on your computer, but you do not get it on a separate DVD to install later. It is important to create a recovery disc (3 DVDs) set and save it in a safe place. When some kind of failure happens and for whatever reason you need to format or re-install Windows 7, you can use these recovery discs to restore your computer to its original factory state.
How to create Recovery Discs?
Steps to create recovery discs
1. Goto Start -> select All Programs
2. Select Recovery Manager
3. You will see the screen above that is the welcome screen for Recovery Manager Software that comes with any HP computer.
Note that only one set of recovery discs can be created using the Recovery Manager software. Make sure to have your laptop connected to an AC power source before starting this process. So, you do not have to worry about your battery power.
Check these out too...
Recovery Manager steps in pictures
4. Select "Recovery Disc Creation" option from the welcome screen
5. Recovery discs enable you to restore your computer to its original state when you bought it from the store.
6. Click Next. This will take some time as this is the stage that splits the system image that can be fit into multiple DVDs. Nowadays, computers come with preloaded Windows 7 operating system. These restore discs can be used to reinstall your operating system anytime there is an unwanted failure.
You will need at least 3 blank DVDs. The recovery manager software will tell you ahead of time how many DVDs you will need. Keep them ready, burn them and label them properly before storing them in a safe place.