How To Disable the Annoying Beep Sound on a Gateway Laptop When You Plug In or Unplug the Power Cord
I recently purchased a new Gateway laptop. It had the most annoying beep when you unplug the computer or plug it in. I had to figure out how to disable that sound. So here it is for those who might be experience the similar mind-numbing problem.
These directions are for Windows 7.
- Right click on the sound icon down by the clock.
- Select "Playback Devices"
- Click on the "Playback" tab if it is not already selected.
- Then click on the speakers.
- Select properties in the bottom right.
- Click on the "Levels" tab.
- Click the speaker icon under "PC Speaker" to mute it.
No more annoying beep.
You can also lower the volume in step 7 rather than muting it if you just want it quieter.
If this works for you, please give a "vote up" right below this. It will help more people discover this article.