- Computers & Software
How to disable automatic driver installation in windows
In this Tutorial i will show you how you can disable Automatic Driver Installation in Windows. This tutorial was made for Windows 7 Users but can also be applied on other version of windows.
1. Click on the start button
2. In the "search programs and files" bar, type "gpedit.msc" (For windows X.P go to run and type gpedit.msc, then press Enter)
3.Now Click the file "gpedit" in the search results to open the "Local Group Policy Editor"
4. In the " Local Group Policy Editor" area, go to Computer configuration>Administrative templates>System>Device Installation
6.Now Double Click on "Device installation Restrictions" on the right pane to open settings.
7. Look for "Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings " and double click on it.
8. Select the option "enabled" and select "apply".
9. Now confirm by clicking "ok".
Note: If you wish to undo this change, just follow the tutorial and at step 9 select "Not configured" and apply changes.