How to download an entire website
Have you ever wanted to browse a website offline? If so the best way to do this is to download an entire website. Downloading an entire website usually takes up a lot of hard drive space, but it all depends on the website you're downloading. Downloading a website is perfectly legal, the only reason it might be illegal is if you plan on editing or publishing the website online. When downloading a website the program that you're using creates a replica of the entire website which allows you to view it offline anytime you want.
In today's tutorial I will be showing you how to download an entire website using HTTrack. All pictures, videos and links will work correctly when viewing a website offline because HTTrack downloads every link, video and picture, etc. The application is extremely useful because it's both fast and easy to use.
What you will need:
- A website you want to download
- HTTrack Downloaded
HTTrack will copy an entire website straight to your hard drive. Any code which was on the website will also work offline, such as images, forms and videos.
1. Firstly, you will need to download HTTrack HERE
2. Once you've downloaded and opened HTTrack click next
3. Now you will have to fill in your project name, project category and select a base path, the base path is where you want the website downloaded to. Once you have filled everything out click next
4. Click the action drop-down box and select Download web site(s)
5. Click add URL and then type in the website URL and any login + password if the site is password protected, then click next
6. Just skip this page by clicking finish as there's nothing to change
7. Once you've clicked next that's it, just wait for the website to finish downloading and then click finish
8. To view the website just navigate to where you downloaded it and then click index and then click the name of your project
If you followed all of the steps correctly to download an entire website, then you should have the entire website, downloaded to your hard drive :) If you have any questions feel free to leave them below!