How to find out the IP address of a computer
An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is the unique address assigned to every computer that connects to internet. It is written in numbers separated by periods. An IP address helps to find out the location from which a computer is connecting to the Internet.
Step by step instruction to find out the IP address of a computer.
1. Click the Start button and then click Run
2. Type 'CMD' in the box, then press Enter.
3. A command prompt window will open
4. Type either 'ipconfig' or 'ipconfig /all' in the command prompt and press Enter.
5. The IP address of the computer will be displayed in the command prompt window.
It is written in numbers separated by periods. It looks like 247.0.0.1.