How to format hard drive in XP
Sometimes we may need to format one or more hard drive. This article will help you do it quickly. For better understanding I have given many pictures here.
Do the following steps to format a hard drive in XP
1. Click My Computer icon to open My Computer window.
2. My Computer window will open
3. Now right click the drive you want to format and select Format from the menu. Remember, formatting a drive will erase all the data in it, so take copy of the needed files to another drive before formatting the drive.
4. A format box will open
5. Select the file system from the drop down menu. You can select NTFS or FAT32 according to your requirement.
6. Select 'Quick Format' if you want to format the drive quickly, otherwise leave it blank. Then click 'Start'
7. A warning box will appear. Remember, formatting a drive will erase all the data in it, so take copy of the important files to another drive before formatting the drive. Click 'OK'
8. After completion of the formatting, a box will open which says 'Format Complete'. Click 'OK'
9. Close the 'Format box,
10. You have done it.