- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
How to get the perfect Facebook profile picture in a smart way so that you don't have to worry about your security
So you want to use your own photo as your facebook profile picture, but some people are telling you not to, saying it's unsafe. Or you may be worried that it may attract potential stalkers. What do you do then? How do you select the perfect profile picture that makes you look good and is safe as well?
Here are a few tips on how to set your own photo as your profile picture, but in the smart way:
- Take a picture of you facing side-ways, rather than directly at the camera.
- Wear sunglasses, use a hair-style that you don't generally use.
- Take a picture with a low quality camera. This will produce a low quality photo.
- Take a picture in dim or low lightning.
- Use photoshop or equivalent photo editing software (or it can be done online as well) or instagram to give your photo a border or a frame. This will decrease the area of the photo, and hence your face.
- You can even edit the photo to have a tint or hue of your choice.
- Insert a clip art at one corner of the photo. Example- a butterfly.
With all these editing and distractions, people who know you will know it's you, but it will be harder for stalkers to identify you in real life.