- Internet & the Web
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Gmail
Can You Recover Deleted emails on Gmail
Have you ever deleted an important email by mistake?
What can you do when this happens?
Step by step instructions with videos that shows you how to recover permanently lost emails on Gmail accounts.
Recover Lost eMails
On the far left of the screen of your Gmail account you will see a number of options.
These options are:
- Sent Email
- 6 More (with a drop down arrow to the right of it.)
Deleted Emails From Gmail
- Go to the option ‘6 More’
- Click on the arrow to the right of this option.
- All Mail
- Manage Labels
- Create new label
- Click on the Trash button
- There you will see all the emails you deleted in the past thirty days. If you only just deleted the email you want to recover it will be on the top of the list.
- You will see the empty tiny boxes on the left of all these emails.
- Click on this box that corresponds with the email you want to recover. A tick will appear in the box.
- Then go up the Gmail Task bar on the top. You will see a number of options.
- Delete Forever, Spam, Move to, Labels, More.
- Click on the ‘Move to’ box. You will be given eight places to move the email to.
- Scroll down to Inbox.
- Click on the 'Inbox' word.
- The email is automatically sent back to your inbox and you have recovered the email you deleted by mistake.
I am sure you are delighted that you were able to recover the email you deleted by mistake.
But did you notice something when you followed this process?
What about the emails you deleted on purpose? They are also in the Trash box.
This is fine if you have your own laptop or computer and you are the only one who has access to it. What if you share one at home or even in the office at work?
Okay I know you probably think that your email account can not be used by other people because you have your own password. Wrong! Unfortunately it is all too easy for someone to guess your password if they know you.
Do you Want to Take that Chance?
Just a word of warning as you can see from the above instructions anyone can retrieve emails that you have deleted by going to the Trash box.
What to do If you have personal or sensitive emails you want to delete that can not be retrieved by other people. Make sure when you do delete them that you go directly to the Trash Box and click on those emails and press the ‘Delete Forever’ button too.
So as you can see from the above article it is an easy process to recover any emails that you deleted by mistake.
The other options which I listed above are also well worth exploring too. And do not forget about the other aspect of the deleted emails option.
If you have a sensitive email on your work computer or a very personal one on your shared laptop at home then make sure you use the delete forever button in the Trash box.
This will ensure that you have deleted them completely.