How to root HTC Explorer Android phone using your macbook
Just follow each step and you should be through.
Warning: Doing this will void the warranty on your HTC Explorer.
- First step is to unlock the bootloader.
- But before that, enable USB debugging on your HTC Explorer. Go to Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (Check this option).
- Go to the HTC official website and follow the appropriate steps there. Choose “all other supported models” under "--Select Your Device--" dropdown.
- Remember Steps 1 to 4 in this website as they tell you how to start you phone in bootloader mode.
- If you have confusion following steps 5, 6, 7 & 8 then follow the steps below:
- Download ADT for mac.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file and go to 'sdk/platform-tools' folder inside the unzipped folder.
- Copy the files named "fastboot" and "adb" from here to your home directory, which would typically be the directory in your mac user name with an image of a Home, on the left column in a finder window.
- You might refer these commands while going through HTC website. These commands have to be typed in a terminal window after going into your home directory.
- cd /Users/homedirectoryname (before Step 8, to go to home directory.)
- ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token (Step 8)
- ./fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (Step 10)
- Download Superuser.zip. Do not unzip this file. Simply copy the zip file directly on to your phone's SD card.
- Download Custom Recovery image A310E_Recovery.zip. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the file named "recovery.img" to your home directory.
- Follow the steps 1 to 4 of the HTC website to start the phone in bootloader mode and connect it to your mac.
- Now type the following commands in the terminal window:
- cd /Users/homedirectoryname
- ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This was the way to install the custom recovery to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from your mac and switch off the phone. Take out the battery.
- Put the battery back again, press Volume Down button and while holding it press the power button and hold.
- Release both the buttons once phone starts and you see a white screen with options like fastboot, Recovery etc.
- Use Volume Down button button to Select "recovery" option and press the power button.
- After waiting for a few seconds, you should see a screen with a lot of options.
- Choose "Install zip from SD" option and then choose "SuperUser.zip" using volume keys.
- Press the power button.
- Congratulations! Your HTC Explorer is rooted.