How to Run a Virus Scan in Safe Mode Using Free Tool?
Computer crashed while working
1. What is Safe Mode? How to boot into Safe Mode?
a. What is Safe Mode?
Simply, Safe Mode is a mode of Windows operating system which only allows to run limited services instead of booting all the programs of Windows as usual.
b. How to boot into Safe Mode?
Booting into Safe Mode is different from each operating system. In this article, I will introduce briefly how to boot into Safe Mode on popular operating systems currently.
B1. Booting into Safe Mode on Windows XP
- While restarting your computer and press F8 key continuously.
- Advanced Boot Option appears, click Safe Mode and Pree Enter key
- Wait for Windows loading Safe Mode.
B2. Booting Safe Mode into Windows 7, Windows 8 và 8.1
Similar to booting into Safe Mode on Windows XP, you press F8 key continuosly while restarting computer. However, if you cannot open, follow the below steps.
- Go to Run (Press Windows + R), type msconfig then click OK button.
- When "System Configuration" dialog box appears, click Boot tab, go to "Boot Options" then tick choose "Safe Boot" and "Minimal".
- Click OK button to apply setting changes
- Restart computer to boot into Safe Mode.
Booting into normal mode of Windows, you repeat the above steps, uncheck Safe Mode then click OK
Picture for Safe mode in Windows
2. Why to scan virus in Safe Mode?
As mentioned above, in Safe Mode, the operating system only runs some basic applications. Almost programs and virus cannot run in Safe Mode. Therefore, scanning virus in Safe Mode removes virus easily.
When you should scan virus in Safe Mode
You do not need to scan virus in Safe Mode every day because it is time consuming and not effective.
This is solution when your anti-virus software cannot remove virus totally in normal mode. Or virus prevents anti-virus software installation.
Why I should choose AVP Tool (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) to scan virus in Safe Mode?
- It is free.
- AVP Tool is software of prestigious security group - Kaspersky Lab.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool removes almost common virus and malware currently.
- Most importantly, it can run in Safe Mode
Picture for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
3. How to scan virus in safe mode
Besides AVP Tool, you can use other tools to scan virus in Safe Mode.
3a. Download Free AVP Tool (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool)
Link download AVP Tool
Link 1: Link Kaspersky
Link 2: Link NTS
- After downloading AVP Tool, you restart computer and boot into Safe Mode following above tutorial.
3b. AVP Tool installation and configuration settings:
- In Safe Mode, open AVP Tool
- Click “I accept the license agreement” and click Start.
- After successful installation, you set up software configuration.
- Click Setting, go to Scan Scope tab, you select all locations needing scanned (Select All)
- Go to Actions tab, you “Select” action then select both “Disinfect” and “Delete if disinfection fails”.
3c. Scan virus using AVP Tool in Safe mode
After configuration settings, you select “Automatic Scan” then click “Start scanning”
Scanning virus is automatic, you only wait for finishing.
Change setting and start scan virus with Kaspersky Virus Remove ToolClick thumbnail to view full-size
Were these instructions helpful and easy to understand?
- Top 3 Best Antivirus Software for Family
How to choose the best antivirus software for your family? How to protects our family's devices such as PC, laptop, smartphone and tablet and is the easy one-license solution to protect?
- Best and Lightest Antivirus Software for Slow Pc
You are using a computer with old version, low configuration and antivirus software which slowing down your computer. This article will help you choose a good and lightest antivirus software.
Scan virus with Kaspersky Tool
In addition to Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, you can use other software such as Malwarebyte Anti-Malware. It is good software used to scan and remove malware, adware or multi-configuration viruses which normal anti-virus software cannot remove totally.
Rating for Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
© 2015 Thuong Do Van