- Internet & the Web
Google Chrome: Create a Desktop Shortcut
It is not intuitively obvious how to create a shortcut when using Google Chrome. Here is one relatively easy method. Refer to the picture below showing numbered steps. In the example we will create a shortcut for Hubpages while on the Hubpages home page.
- Click on symbol in the upper right hand corner (circled in red).
- Select "Bookmarks". The boxes will fan out as shown.
- Check "Show bookmarks bar", so your new book mark will be visible.
- Select "Bookmark this page,,"
Steps 1 to 4
Steps 5 and 6
5. Refer to 2nd picture. As you have chosen to bookmark the page, the confirmation box on right will come up. Hit "Done" and see the bookmark is now visible on left. I have boxed it in red to highlight it.
6. Minimize/reduce the open window so part of the desktop is showing. Now click and drag the bookmark out on to the desktop. The shortcut is completed and can be used.
7. Since you have the shortcut on your desktop, you may no longer need the bookmark on the bookmark bar. You can right click on it and delete it.