How to stream media from macbook pro to Sony Bravia TV wirelessly.
Set up PS3 Media Server on your Mac
The sequential diagrams are self explanatory but I will briefly describe the process to set up PS3 Media Server on your mac.
1. Download PS3 form the CNET site.
2. Double click on the downloaded .dmg file.
3. Drag the PS3 Media Server application then opened to the Applications Folder.
4. Click on the PS3 Media Server Application Icon in your Applications to open it. Initially it might be blocked but you could safely unblock it now.
1. The Main Panel will now be visible and a small icon of the application will also be visible on the top menu bar towards your right. The status screen for now will show you a red cross with a message saying 'No renderers found'. It will look like the one in the adjacent image once you set up your TV. But let us first configure our mac.
2. Click on the 'General Configuration' and ensure that your configuration matches the image. You could choose the Default Renderer from the dropdown based on the TV you have. If you do not know select 'Unknown Renderer'.
3. Now click on the 'Navigation/Share Settings' tab. By default 'All Drives' would be selected under 'Shared Folders'. You could change and I would suggest that you change that to share just the folders that contain your Videos, Music and Pictures only. This would make your navigation on the TV a bit easier. For example, to share your 'Movies' folder, click on the plus button and select the 'Users/<your username>/Movies'. This will automatically remove 'All Drives' from the shared folders and only your movies folder will be shared.
4. Now click on the 'Transcoding Settings' and choose 'MEncoder' under 'Video Files Engine'. Configure the screen as shown in the image. You could configure the folder that would contain the subtitles of the movie you are watching. I keep my movies in the Movies folder and subtitles (*.srt or *.sub files) in Subs folder under 'Movies' folder. If you do not want to configure it and still want subtitles then you should keep the subtitles files in the same folder where your movie is. Also whatever be the case ensure that the Movie file name and the subtitles file name is exactly the same with no special characters like '.', '-' etc. Also the name must start with an alphabet and not a number.
5. Hit on the 'Save' button on the top of the main panel and then 'Restart Server' to restart the server.
So now you are all done with the settings in your mac. Lets switch to your Bravia TV now.
How to configure your Sony Bravia to work with PS3 Media Server on mac
First of all connect your TV to the internet. I shall briefly explain the process.
1. The first image is of a wireless router through which your mac connects to the internet. A wire from your ISP connects to this router. Take another wire (the blue one in the image) that fits into one of the free slots in your router.
2. Now your television will have a similar slot on its back side as shown in the second image. Put the other end of the wire into that slot. This connects your television to the internet and the same Local Area Network (LAN) to which your mac is connected. PS3 server installed on your mac could stream media (movies, pictures, music) to only those devices which are connected in the same LAN.
That's it! your TV is now configured to work with your mac and you are ready to watch the movies saved on your mac.
1. Press the 'Home' button of your Bravia's remote and then keep pressing the 'left' or 'right' arrow button until you see the 'Videos' in the menu on your screen.
2. You will be able to see the 'PS3 Media Server' icon on your TV screen. If not or the icon is not same as what you see in your mac's Application folder, that means the Server is not running. Restart the server if it is not running. You should now be able to see the Green tick as in the 'Main Panel' image since your TV is on and configured.
3. Press the 'OK' button on your TV remote to select the PS3 icon and you will be able to see the folders that you had shared on your mac.
4. Navigate to the 'Movies' folder and press OK to see the contents. Select you favorite movie and press OK.
Enjoy the movie on the big screen. :)
- How to root HTC Explorer Android phone using your macbook
I had a mac and an HTC Explorer phone. I found many tutorials on rooting this phone from windows but there was none who could help me out with a mac tutorial. I successfully rooted my HTC Explorer.