- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
I can't stand Twitter Bots but they are allowed
This hub is about twitter and how many people are using bots on twitter.
In case you don't know what twitter is, it is a social networking media site, that has many users.
People who use twitter are
- Just regular people
- kids with cell phones
I understand that people have things they want to promote. things like
- A website
- A blog
- A hub page
- Something they are selling
- A picture they like
- A video of them doing something
- something that makes them money
What I don't understand is how anyone can think that they can just get a bot & post links & never respond to or even acknowledge that you exist, when you are their follower.
Twitter is supposed to be a interactive social site,where users talk to one another and communicate ideas etc.
You can even build list on twitter.... for an example of a list,
I like to play guitar so I caould make a list and name it guitar and add other guitarist to the list.
What is happening to twitter is sad, the bots are taking over.
Bots, simply post links & spam constantly, they aren't real people so they could care less about having any interaction with you,they just want you to click their links & make them money.
Ways to spot a bot on twitter
- Ask the person you think is a bot a question.if they don't answer, they could be a bot.
- Send them a message - If you don't get a response in a few years - they could be a bot.
- If they are constantly posting tweets - They could be a bot.
- If they have over 10K tweets - They could be a bot.
What I do when I spot a bot on twitter
- I don't follow the person.
- Then I post a tweet letting my followers know I am removing a bot.
The tweet will be worded like this
@the bots user name on twitter UNFOLLWED because I think they are a bot. Please Re-Tweet Thanks.
Usually when I do this my followers will Re-Tweet the post & let their followers know that the person is a bot and they can not follow them if they choose.
If you use twitter & Hub-pages we can help each other out.
- we can build a list called hubpages
- Add all our fellow hubbers to it
- Re-Tweet our new hubs
- Help to generate traffic to our hubs
- Possibly make more money by getting more views on our hubs
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the bots that are taking over twitter,I hope you will follow my advice and don't follow them follow real people like me.
@driftoff2dream is my twitter username I look forward to following all my fellow hubbers.