How to Change The Profile Picture on a Mac Computer
Profile Picture on a Mac
As with a lot of social media websites, your profile picture means everything. The profile picture on a Mac is no different. It can help differentiate which user is on the computer. Plus the profile picture on a Mac can be used in other applications.
There are multiple ways to choose a profile picture on a Mac, with easy ways to modify the picture so you can have the best picture you want to represent yourself on your Mac.
Adjusting the Profile Picture on a Mac
Once you select the appropriate picture that you want to use as your profile picture, you may want to change the orientation and size of that picture. When you are in the "Choose.." menu as outlined in step six, there are two adjustments you can make to the picture:
- Orientation - Left-click and hold the mouse button over the picture, and move it appropriately so it centers in the area that you want.
- Size - The slider bar at the bottom of the menu will adjust the size. It will either allow you to zoom out all the way to see the picture, or zoom in to just select a small area in the center of the image.
Changing Your Profile Picture on a Mac Computer
The steps are fairly simple to change your profile picture on a Mac computer:
- Click the "System Preferences" on your dock. This is the most direct route to get to your Mac's system settings and to change your profile picture.
- In the "System" row, click on "Accounts". This gives you access to various account options, including changing the profile picture.
- You should immediately see a box that may or may not have a image in it already. Click on that image to change your profile picture.
- You can select one of many pre-set pictures. Click on one of those pictures if you want one of those.
- If you don't want a pre-set picture, then select "Edit Picture...". This will bring up the window to choose your own picture.
- To choose a picture that can be located on your computer, select "Choose...". Find the appropriate picture on your computer and click "Open". You can adjust the orientation and size of the picture. Those instructions are on the right. Once the picture is adjusted appropriately, click on "Set".
- If you click on the "Recent Pictures" bar in the same menu, you can choose from the most recent pictures you have used in the past instead. So if your mood changes, you can select one of your older images.
- If you want to use a picture of yourself or something you can put in front of the camera, click on the camera icon. You have three seconds to prepare for the picture, then it will use the camera on the Mac to take the picture. Again, you can adjust the picture if you wish to change the orientation or size.
The video above and the pictures below show all of the steps involved in changing the profile picture on a Mac.