Review of Apple's I-Pad 2
Apple's Master Tablet: The I-Pad
- Invention in The Spotlight: Google Glass Review
Google Glass is a hands free smart phone that attaches to glasses. It has many uses such as a navigation system, wifi internet, Nd it can take pictures, film video and check E Mail.
- Billionaire Philanthropist: Bill Gates
This article is about the great technology giant, Bill Gates. Microsoft, and the X-box are featured in this hub. Microsoft works, office and Windows are documented here.
- The 10 Best Inventions of 2014
The Hoverboard, Apple Watch and the BMW i3 are just a few of the top inventions that were released in 2014. Pictures, videos and commentary are featured in this article along with other facts.
- Best Inventions of the 1970's
This article is about the best inventions of the 1970's. Liposuction, the hackey-sack, word processor and the walk-man radio are all documented in this hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, commentary and maps are all a part of his hub.
- Best Inventions From 2000-2010
This article documents inventions that were created from 2000 till 2010. The I Phone, I Pad and 3D TV are just a few of the items listed in this hub. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos, a quiz and commentary are featured in this travel back to pa
- Remembering Steve Jobs: Inventor and Innovator
This article is about Apple Computer founder Steve Jobs. He brought us the first wave of personal computers as well as the I pod, I phone and I pad. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are featured in this hub.
Apple I-Pad 2 Features
1. Touchscreen: No more keyboards only screens to touch. Personally, I loved the smooth movement of the screen, very similar to the movement of the I-Phone. Each new device that comes out is a little bit more sleek and slimmer than before. Apple really knows what they are doing with electronics. They have a lot of foresight.
2. Lithium-ion Battery: This battery allows you to surf the web, read e-mail, play music, videos and much more for up to 10 hours. Mine has actually nine hours then ran out of charge. That is a lot of streaming of videos, surfing the web, listening to music and much, much more.
3. Front and Rear Facing Cameras at 720P.: This camera film footage, takes pictures with reversible cameras and allows Face Time with ease. (I have tested the face time and the cameras and I was impressed with how quick everything worked. The camera can zoom, record and pause and Face Time might as well be called Real Time).
4. Internet/Safari: Almost as quick as changing television channels with the dual core A5 Processor. I was very impressed. I have had seven pages open at the same time while being online and it allowed me to seamlessly hop from one web site to the next.
5. App Store/I Tunes: I-Tunes gives me music instantly as soon as I purchase it. The App store, which has over 700,000 apps, was impressive because when you type in "free apps" or "free games", you will be able to play and download hundreds of free Apps in quick time. As fast as 30 seconds for some Apps and games.
6. Three Storage Sizes-16, 32 or 64 GB: I have the 32 GB Device and I have put twenty movies, over two hundred songs and hundreds of pictures and over one hundred forty apps and I have only used 8 GB of my memory.
7. Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi plus 3G: I purchased the 32 GB 3G model from the Apple Store and as stated above, the internet is at your fingertips. Even when our power and cable went out and our cell phones would not work for a period of two weeks during a heavy rain storm the Internet on the I-Pad 2 was still going strong in the dark with candles lit. I am a believer.
8. (9.7 inch screen): It only weighs 1.35 pounds?! I loved the light weight and the smooth, thin feel of the tablet. The thinner the tablet, the easier it is to misplace or to break.
9. Included Apps: The I-pad comes equipped with many Apps including: Maps, Calendar, Mail, Photos, Notepad, You Tube, I-Tunes and Phone Booth.
10. I-Cloud: This application allows the user to sync and backup your information. If you get an App on your I-Phone or write notes on it you are now able to transfer it directly to your I-Pad and vice versa.
11. Built in microphone and headset connection: I have to say, the headset gets good marks but, one of the things lacking on this device, is the volume does not go loud enough in comparison to a regular laptop or a desktop.
12. Apple Exclusives: Garageband and I-Movie allows you to turn your pictures and video footage into a movie and I grade it an A because, as with most Apple products it is easy to use.
13. Apple Mirror: Just plug the I-Pad into your television with the audio and video cables and the television will be an exact mirror image of your I-Pad activities. A must have addition for the I-Pad.
For those of us who remember the first computer ever, Apple products are amazing. It is smooth, sleek design on every thing that they come out with in recent years. Apple wants their design to be very small and clever. Of course, the first computer looked like a box and was much larger than the sleeker technology of today. The technology from all those years ago, led the way for the devices that we are using today.
Apple IPad 2 Ratings
Who Makes It?
view quiz statistics
I-Pad 2 Tablet Review
My only two complaints with the I Pad 2 is that the volume should go higher and that certain software such as Adobe Acrobat is not available. As far as the features I was totally impressed. Below I will rate 10 features followed with an alphabet rating.
1. Internet speed and reliability: A+
2. App Store and I Tunes Store: A+
3. Camera and video camera: A
4. Battery Life is 9 hours: A+
5. Weight is 1.3 pounds: A+
6. Touchscreen is seamless, fluid and faster than turning book pages:A+
The I Pad 2 is definitely a family tablet. My mother plays Family Feud every time she can get her hands on it and she is 65. My boyfriend plays on the internet surfing the web all the time and for me it is a nice alarm clock, calculator, notepad, Photo album and Camera. I love as does the family. The kids play new Apps all the time and the best part is they can download hundreds of Apps for free. In comparison to the Kindle Fire it is miles ahead of that particular tablet.
* Please Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments box located at the bottom of the page.
Apple Headquarters on the West Coast
Do You Own One?
Do You Own an IPad?
IPad 2 Specs
Height: 9.5 inches
Wi- Fi (basic model)
Wi-Fi plus 3G Internet
Storage: 16,32 and 64 GB
Dual core Processor A6X
I Pad 2 Demonstration
I Pad 2 Review
© 2012 Buster Johnson