Jailbreak iPad 2? - Don't be fooled (jailbreak iPad using RedSn0w)
While iPhone Dev Team is still working on iPad 2 jailbreak, there are plenty of fake, spam and miss leading information available on the internet. Be warned yourself before trying such things and it may harm your device. So, as of now, there is no believable jailbreak available for iPad 2.
However, don't give up the hope, as @comex from iPhone Dev Team could jailbreak his iPad 2 and install Cydia. The earlier exploit, developed by @comex, was fixed by Apple by their latest iOS update. Due to this the iPhone dev team could not release this jailbreak and currently they are working on the latest jailbreak. As per iPhone Dev team, mostly it will be an userland exploit like the earlier one, not dependent on bootrom dump.
Whilst we wait for the iPad 2 jailbreak, let see how the iPad 1 with iOS 4.3.3 can be jailbroken using RedSn0w.
Disclaimer: The details outlined here is for educational purpose only and I urge you to check and obey the laws and regulation respect your country time to time in this regard. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage/lose caused to anyone by following/practicing these steps.
Steps to jailbreak iPad 1 using RedSn0w
Jailbreaking iPad using RedSnow is similar to jailbreaking iPhone using RedSn0w. If you would like to read some basics about Jailbreaking, read my earlier article – Why should you Jailbreak and Unlock your iphone and how ?
1. Ensure your iPad has iOS 4.3.3 firmware and iTunes has been updated to latest available version.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9rc16 from here - Windows Version MAC Version
3. Download latest iOS 4.3.3 firmware from here
4. Open redsn0w.exe (double click), which is downloaded in step 2. Browse for the iPad firmware (.ipsw) which is downloaded in the Step 3, click 'Next'.
5. Now it will take a few seconds before you present with other window with several options. ('Preparing Jailbreak Data' window will be displayed at this time) Make sure to select 'Install Cydia'. You may also select other options like custom boot logo etc. Click Next to continue.
6. Plug your iPad to the computer and make sure it is Off. Click next button
7. Now the RedSn0w will guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. Follow the instructions carefully.
8. If you have followed the instructions properly and successfully entered DFU mode, the RedSn0w will start jailbreaking your iPad. Wait patiently until the process completes. Once all done your iPad will re-boot.
9. After the re-boot you can see the Cydia application on your home screen. Enjoy!
Let me know your comments.