- Internet & the Web
Klout - Your Social Influence Connect
This hub was written by request on FB hoping to help clear the fog around what Klout is
I did some research on Klout, and based on what I amounted its pretty much a social influence engine, which means it measures the amount of social influence each user has across multiple networks they have joined, and share with on the web.
- Meaning if you joined multiple social networks in the past, you may be able to add them to your Klout account
- Once added it actually creates a synchronization between those networks
- This allows for Klout to begin digging into your social statistics & web presence there
- It searches for your connections between actual members you network with daily
- It tracks your number of followers, can tie your contacts together from these networks
- Ranks up your influence statistics, by using their highly advanced tracking systems
- Then it will crank out a K-score or Klout Score
- This score means a great deal in terms of your overall social influence across the web
- It only tracks those networks you've chose to synch up though
- There's limited networks to choose from currently, but it shall grow in due time as the Klout network achieves greater positioning and popularity worldwide
Help comes in digital packages
Hope this helps a bit, there's much more to it then meets the eye, I truly do my best to keep up to speed with everything I choose to join & or research so hopefully this info does the introductory job for you all, especially if you recently have received an invite to Klout, via Facebook for instance, and are still in the fog about what it can do for you, or for anyone you chose to invite there.
- High leveled social powers is its goal there, besides earning huge bucks off of its users like everything else web based, but all professional net-workers are due to benefit the most from using such a tool, for measuring their influence socially with such a system as Klout.
- All internet companies and businesses who caught wind of Klout's recent success, and who benefit from using the web, are watching these stats there closely, to see how things sway for sure, and so they can seek to benefit as well from its usage.
- I also read in a tech magazine that it can be used as a hiring factor, as one employer has done to weed out who he thinks is a better fit for a top level marketing position.
The story to Klout is Influence
So Klout actually does highly advanced statistics for its users, in an effort to crank out what is know as a K score. Now that score gets ranked amongst your peers, and from that point you can see who's influencing who more socially, and network wise. They only have about 12 major networks tied into Klout, or its network is actually tracking the statistics from.
Once the user cranks up a higher Klout score than most people, they will be able to use it further to earn perks from outside companies tied into Klout, and from differing sponsored products, as well. This perk system, I believe stems from the users particular set of interest in many topics they choose to select there, or maybe just a single one.
Most Klout scores begin at 10, if that user isn't much into influencing anyone built into their networks, each user must have a high number of followers or friends such as FB friends, twitter followers, etc....
Then that user must synch up all their networks into Klout as well, during the early stages of making connection efforts, after sign up. Each user can K+ those they feel have influenced them as well, which means helping others to boost their overall Klout scores by somewhat vouching for those who influenced you.
& Potentially loads more in the future
Klout connected networks today-
They have multiple categories to choose from on your accounts profile section there.
- Score Analysis
Tracks your social influence and displays a 90 day graphical chart on the Klout network, allowing for the user to learn how to improve their overall score.
True reach shows the amount of people you actually influence
Amplification shows how much more you've impacted others with your influence
Network Impact is a measure of influence and impact all of your networks
These are the topics on Klout, that you may choose of particular interest, you previously chosen or continue respond to & ultimately influence across the web, which may come into play later with perks, and other potential incentives in the future giving you presence greater value.
- You can earn K+ levels here that will boost eat Topics meter there
- This is done by networking more across these Topics socially across the web
These are all the folks who've decided to join Klout, and who are or have been influencing you, and you're actually influencing them across your networks, this influence thing can be FB likes, sharing factors on Google plus, comments, posts that people response too, image shares, and messaging etc.... oh and even restaurant reviews, product reviews, you name it cause they are tracking it.
You choose to create these, and its done by connecting your Twitter followers, or people you influence on Klout, into a create list info field, by simply typing there user name from Twitter or Their profile name from Klout. Two separate fields exist there to choose from.
These work once your Klout score gains ground, you get offered cool perks and offers from major companies, that make it easier for you to decide on making a purchase with them, or even get potential freebies over time.
Any unseen benefits using Klout
Well in order to fully understand Klout, you must be into social networking in a huge way, and have joined several networks at least to see its full potential. The unfortunate part of all of this is that, not many folks have seen it coming, and for that matter, not many users or potential users seem to care much for using it at the moment besides the initial joining or signing up phase. It will surely pick up though, as more people begin to learn of its unseen benefits there.
The fun filled fact is that, it will make a difference for those who catch on quickly to how it works, as long as the Klout network is earning stats of their own, and simply by us new users sending out mass invites. So the unseen benefits is actually in the unforeseen future of potential of the network as more people choose to join via FB as well as from its network homepage.
This virtually means that if you're in it from start to win it, till it takes off like a bat out of hell, you might just be on the top of the wave there stats wise, which always digitally equates to a money stream of some sort over time on the web.
You can tie into Klout major interest people have worldwide based on major topics people love and enjoy sharing such as social media, movies, business, sports, music, shopping, etc....
- The only major upfront benefit I can see by using Klout, is that for most pro networking users, on each persons profile section, there's image icons that represent outbound links to all our networks we've synched up to there
- All of the networks we've been working so hard to build into over the years or months (such as a twitter account), are digital sewn into the upper portion of the webpage screen as an image link
- This allows for other users to locate our online presence in multiple places, similar to the ItsMyURLs website.(Combines all of your online web locations into a single place & displays it online for users to access)