- Internet & the Web
Netiquette Rules: Forums
Gone are the days of Roman forums where the public met in the city square for centuries for their civil ceremonies, religious rite, gladiator matches and criminal trials.
The Roman Forum noted for the most celebrated meeting place in the world and marked their place in history as the first forum.
Digital Age Created New Internet Communication Rules
Today we live in the digital age where we adhere to netiquette rules to keep us civil and safe on the web. The code of conduct is different when interacting over the Internet, social networks, email, cells phones and Skype.
When Internet communication becomes thought-provoking it is sometimes difficult for the participants to clearly understand another member without facial expressions and body language when not (Skype it the exception) viewed on cyberspace.
Therefore, follow Netiquette rules for civil decorum in Internet communication with the World Wide Web of partakers.
We select forums for answers, keeping current, sharing knowledge from the experience of others to solve Internet issues. Forums are great for newbie and Internet veterans to meet and learn from each other. It is a serious place of business to share and learn.
Netiquette rules are the rules of Internet etiquette which varies with private forums within companies. Nevertheless, the basic conduct and behavior rules on forums can be simplified and clear:
- Be Polite---rudeness is not accepted---might be banned from forums.
- Hijacking a discussion thread is not tolerated.
- Someone who has a vendetta against forum subject---rants and raves are not allowed.
- Does not accept helpful advice---selective hearing syndrome is apparent---stop communication with this person and talk to others only.
- Intimates forum question and then is disrespectful of answers is not allowed.
- Stay on Topic.
- Be Respectful of others and their answers when joining a forum thread.
- No Profanity.
- Start a new forum if you cannot find your answers in current forum threads.
- Be professional always in dealing with others.
- Treat others as you want them to treat you in any conversation on the World Wide Web.
- Listen carefully because hubs are born from forum discussions.
- Use common sense and be considerate.
- Never use all “CAPITALS” it’s received as shouting.
- Use email netiquette in business and personal use.
I learned from many Internet Gurus in their forums and their answers were always polite and professional no matter how mundane my inquiries were as a newbie.
And, I still visit their forums when I cannot find an answer on HubPages or Blogger.com. These Gurus are so busy making their millions, but still professionals using their time to explain.
PurvisBobbi44 is the sole author of this article and if copied anywhere else on the Internet or printed in magazines or books it was taken without written consent and is strictly prohibited.
Do you enjoy visiting forums for interaction and information?
Create a Forum for Your Website
- Create a Forum For Your Website (Tutorial)
Learn how to create a message board or forum.
- Warrior Forum - The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace - Internet Marketing For Newbies
The #1 Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace since 1997
Computer Newbie Forum
- Computer newbies Forum and Discussion - CNET Forums
Read computer newbies discussions and get tips and advice on this topic and others on CNET Forums.
© 2014 PurvisBobbi44