Online Shopping : The Latest Trend Of Shopping For Youngsters!
The Modern Trend Of Online Shopping:
© Chitrangada Sharan August 2014
All Rights Reserved.
When I wanted to send sweets and dry fruits to my relatives in US, it took me few minutes on the Internet!
When my daughter had to send 'Rakhi' to her brothers, on the occasion of 'Rakshabandhan', it was so convenient. Just browse, select and choose, pay and that's it!
Whether it is books, trendy fashionable clothes, fashion jewelry, kitchen essentials, bags or anything--you name it and it is available on the Internet.
Whether shopping for special occasions, or for your daily requirements---the tech savvy people can do it all from the comforts of their home.
Amazon and eBay are most popular On line shopping sites around the world.
Some of the popular On line shopping sites in India are as follows:
8. Ferns and Petals.com
10. Futurebazar.com and many more.
Why Online Shopping?
The meaning of shopping has changed a lot over the years. Today the smart shoppers prefer to shop, sitting at home.
Whether it is clothes, electronic gadgets, jewelry, furniture, kitchen utensils, toys and so many items, can all be bought, sitting in the comforts of their home.
Shopping trends in India has undergone a major change. This could not be without any reason.
Advantages of Online Shopping:
1. Online shopping is so convenient and gives the shopper a variety of choice, not only from your own country, but around the world.
2. Online shopping saves your time and energy.
3. You can avoid driving on busy roads in peak hours, parking and parking fee, save fuel and save money.
4. Going to a crowded market or Shopping Mall, can sometimes be very tiring. Moreover good deals are not available round the year. But Online shopping gives you impressive discounts and offers various money saving schemes.
5. Smaller towns and cities, where latest fashion trends may not be available, also can buy their favorite items by means of Online shopping.
6. Many Online shopping sites provide heavy discounts, customer friendly schemes, option of flexible delivery date and time, insurance of the items and if required, hassle free returns. You can always track your order.
7. You can compare price of products, available on different sites. This enables you to avail the best discounts and best products.
8. You can browse through the customer feedback section, which most of the websites provide at the bottom of the product display. This information helps you to decide correctly.
9. Many Online shopping sites announce, special discounts on social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter. This information is useful if you are planning to buy something.
10. If you are a regular buyer, you may be offered discount coupons codes, for your future shopping.
What are the drawbacks of Online Shopping?
Like anything else, Online shopping also has its limitations.
1. One major drawback is that you can't physically see or hold or test the product before buying it.
Although you are able to read the description of the product, which is mentioned in detail along with the display picture of the product.
2. There may be some difference in sizes and quality.displayed. In that case, it is very important to go through the return policy in detail, as provided by the website.
3. Many people are not comfortable in sharing their credit card or debit card details for making Online payments.
There is a provision of making payments, once you have received your selected item. This option is called COD or cash on delivery.
4. Try not to do Online Shopping at a public places, such as the cyber cafe.
5. Make sure your computer does not auto save your card or bank details.
6. Save a copy of your order no. till the delivery of your product. You do get email confirmation, once you buy something Online.
What do you prefer?
Our life today revolves around technology. While there may be some negatives of technology, but the fact can not be denied that technology has simplified our lives.
- Some two- three decades back, who could think that we can buy anything and everything, without even going out.
- Who could have thought that we can send gifts to our dear ones, living miles away, just by clicking a button!
- There are many out there who have some issues in going out frequently. Online shopping is advantageous for them.
- But we should be careful and aware of 'Fraud' sites. Ensure the credibility of the site before making any purchases.
- Pay attention to the urls---look for the https at the beginning of the web address on the page you are about to transact. Addresses beginning with http, without the 's' are not safe and credible sites.
- Your bank details or password may not be secure in such fraudulent sites.
Just be aware and careful and enjoy the shopping!
© Chitrangada Sharan 8th August,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
The Do's and Don'ts Of Online Shopping, source: You tube
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- How Smart Phones Have Changed Lives: 10 Electronic ...
Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Face Time, emails, mobile camera, your favorite music-all this and many more! The world seems to have shrunk in your palms in the form of Smart Phones! Can we turn back!
- Indian Art And Handicrafts: Annual Exhibition, IITF2...
IITF is held every year at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, to showcase the variety of handicraft products made by many skilled artisans of the country, thereby increasing and exchanging trade n business.
- DIY: Self Made Gift Ideas For Your Precious Daughter...
When it comes to giving gifts to precious ones, I prefer adding that personal touch.Daughters are most precious gifts of God. When young, you shower your love, which they return when you are old/weak.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan