Online Shopping : The Latest Trend of Shopping for Youngsters
The Modern Trend of Online Shopping:
During the festival season, especially the Diwali festival, When I wanted to send sweets and dry fruits to my relatives in the US, it took me few minutes on the Internet, to do so. There were many attractive gifts, along with sweets from reputed sweets shop.
When my daughter had to send 'Rakhi' to her brothers, on the occasion of 'Rakshabandhan', it was so convenient, to send the same. Just browse, select and choose, pay and that's it!
Whether it is books, trendy fashionable clothes, fashion jewelry, kitchen essentials, bags, shoes, sarees, Indian and Western dresses for Women, Woollen clothes, groceries, fresh vegetables and fruits or anything--you name it, and it is available on the Internet.
If both the husband and the wife have busy office schedules, online shopping is a blessing for them. It has become popular, even to order readymade meals, if you are too tired to cook, or not in a mood to cook, or just for fun and some change, to order food online.
Whether shopping for special occasions, or for your daily requirements---the tech. savvy people can do it all from the comforts of their home.
Not only, is it convenient, but they are affordable, and come with attractive discount offers.
10 Most Popular Online Shopping Websites in India
Amazon and eBay are the most popular Online shopping websites around the world.
The other popular online shopping websites in India are as follows:
8. Ferns and Petals.com
10. Futurebazar.com and many more.
Why should you opt for Online Shopping?
The meaning of shopping has changed altogether, over the years. Today the smart shoppers, prefer to shop, sitting at home.
Whether it is clothes, electronic gadgets, jewelry, furniture, kitchen utensils, toys and so many items, can all be bought, sitting in the comforts of their home or office or even when you are traveling.
The latest Shopping trends in India, has undergone a major change. This could not be without any reason.
Advantages of Online Shopping:
1. Online shopping is so convenient and gives the shoppers, a variety of choice, not only from your own country, but from around the world.
2. Online shopping saves your time and energy.
3. You can avoid driving on busy roads in peak hours, parking and parking fee, save fuel and save money.
4. Going to a crowded market, or Shopping Mall, can sometimes be very tiring. Moreover, good deals are not available round the year. But Online shopping, gives you impressive discounts, and offers various money saving schemes.
5. Smaller towns and cities, where latest fashion trends may not be available, can also buy their favourite items, by means of Online shopping.
6. Many Online shopping websites provide heavy discounts, customer friendly schemes, option of flexible delivery date and time, insurance of the items and if required, hassle free returns. You can always track your order.
7. You can compare price of products, available on different websites. This enables you, to avail the best discounts and best products.
8. You can browse through the customer feedback section, which most of the websites provide at the bottom of the product display. This information, helps you to decide correctly, according to your requirements.
9. Many Online shopping websites announce, special discounts on social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, during festival season or wedding season. This information is useful, if you are planning to buy something.
10. If you are a regular buyer, you may be offered discount coupons codes, for your future shopping.
What are the drawbacks of Online Shopping?
Like anything else, Online shopping also has its limitations.
1. One major drawback is that you can't physically see or hold or test the product before buying it.
Although you are able to read the description of the product, which is mentioned in detail, along with the display picture of the product.
2. There may be some difference, in sizes and quality.displayed. In that case, it is very important, to go through the return policy in detail, as provided by the website.
3. Many people, are not comfortable in sharing their credit card, or debit card, details for making Online payments.
There is a provision of making payments, once you have received your selected item. This option is called COD or cash on delivery.
4. Try not to do, Online Shopping at public places, such as the cyber cafe.
5. Make sure, that your computer does not auto save your card or bank details.
6. Save a copy of your order no. till the delivery of your product. You do get email confirmation, once you buy something Online.
Our life today revolves around technology. While there may be some negatives of technology, but the fact can not be denied, that technology has simplified our lives.
- Some two to three decades back, who could have thought that we can buy anything and everything, without even going out.
- Who could have thought that we can send gifts to our dear ones, living miles away, just by clicking a button.
- There are many people out there, who have some issues in going out frequently. There may be some health issues. Online shopping is advantageous for them.
- But we should be careful and aware of 'Fraud' websites. Ensure the credibility of the site, before making any purchases.
- Pay attention to the urls---look for the https at the beginning of the web address on the page you are about to transact. Addresses beginning with http, without the 's' are not safe and credible sites.
- Your bank details or password may not be secure in such fraudulent sites.
- Life is a bit easier with the latest trend of online shopping, and there is no looking back for such smart shoppers.
Just be aware and careful and enjoy the shopping.
How to use debit card, in online shopping? Source: YouTube
What do you prefer?
The Do's and Don'ts Of Online Shopping, source: You tube
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan