Phones coming out in 2014
Listed below are some of the top phones coming out in 2014:
- Apple iPhone 6: The iPhone 6 may get released earlier than slated, even as of May 2014. In addition to Touch ID and a 64-bit processor, the new Apple smartphone will come with a higher RAM capacity and a larger display that can also be curved. It will definitely feature the newer iOS, while storage options are most likely to continue as in previous models.The iPhone 6 may come with 4 cores, a full HD screen, gaze detection technology that will make it more power efficient, and a 12 or 13 megapixel primary camera.
- Samsung Galaxy S5: It is the next in line of smartphones from Samsung. Among other high-tech features, it is said to be equipped with 16 cores, a 34-bit processor, a RAM of 3 or 4 GB, wireless charging, 32 multi-touch display, the latest Android OS and a sensor for eye scanning. It is also believed that Samsung will finally forsake the plastic-like casing and go for an aluminum or carbon fiber form. The S5 is also rumored to feature an incredible 16 megapixel rear camera with OIS.
- Samsung Galaxy Round: This ‘flexible display’ smartphone offers an all-round super performance with the help of a remarkable Snapdragon quad-core 800 processor, Android 4.3 OS, 2800 mAh battery, 2.3 GHz chipset, NFC connectivity, 13 megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel secondary camera and 32 GB of internal storage that can be expanded by an additional 64 GB external storage.
- HTC M8: This new 2014 smartphone from the HTC stable may help the company catch up with the market leaders. The slender wraparound metallic body and the fine build quality of this 5-inch 2048 × 1080 pixels touchscreen smartphone is complimented and accentuated by varied additional features like 3 GB RAM, Sense 6.0, 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, fingerprint sensor and KitKat Android 4.4 OS. It is rumored that the M8 will come with a multi-pixel primary camera capable of taking 3D snapshots.
- Lenovo Vibe Z: The 1st LTE smartphone from Lenovo, the Vibe Z is a sturdy and attractive handset that features a 5.5 inch 1920 x 1080 pixel IPS screen. It is powered by a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, along with 2 GB RAM and the Android 4.3 OS, which make it one of the best performing phones in the market today. Other impressive features include an internal storage of 16 GB, custom software, a 13 megapixel primary camera equipped with f1.8 aperture, a 5 megapixel secondary camera, and a host of great apps like super gallery, super camera, etc.
- Google Nexus 6: Just like the years gone by, Google is most likely to release a newer version of the Nexus brand of smartphones in 2014. It will come with a similar budget price tag and an impressive technical specifications sheet.The Nexus 6 may come with an enhanced form of KitKat Android 4.4 OS, 3 GB of RAM, the latest Snapdragon quad-core processor, a 5-inch screen with full HD, an OIS enabled 8 megapixel back camera and a 3 megapixel secondary camera and other unique and innovative aspects that are characteristic of the Nexus brand.
- Nokia Lumia 1820: It is said to feature a unibody metallic design and a Lytro-styled camera that permits users to alter the focus even after clicking a picture. The Lumia 1820 may come with a Siri-like built-in Microsoft’s PA called Cortana, Windows Phone 8.1 OS, a powerful processor and a full HD screen.
- LG G Flex: This 6-inch curved phone made LG the premier entrant in the segment of smartphones with flexible display. The phone is made more durable due to efficient use of plastic substrates in place of glass on the curved OLED screen. The ‘self-healing’ coating also enables the phone to protect and recover quickly from nicks, scratches, and daily wear and tear. Additionally, the use of Real RGB technology ensures a more precise and better picture quality. The G Flex weighs just 177 grams and comes with numerous enviable features such as Adreno 330 GPU for enhanced graphics, a 2.26 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, a 2 GB RAM for easy multi-tasking, Android 4.2.2 OS, a 13 megapixel back camera and a 2.1 megapixel front camera, and a long lasting 3,500 mAh battery.
- Sony Xperia Z2 Avatar: Sony is known for its awesome camera and display technologies and the Avatar will be no different. Standard features include Android 4.4 KitKat OS, 3 GB of RAM, and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Reports indicate that the Avatar will come with an unbelievable 20.7 megapixel rear camera which may feature Xenon flash, as well as a screen resolution featuring a monstrous 506 ppi.As with the older Xperia models, this one may also offer dust resistance and water protective features.
- Other phones of 2014: These include the BlackBerry Z50, Sony Xperia Z1s, Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, HTC Butterfly 2, BlackBerry Q30, Nokia Lumia 525 and Nokia Lumia 1320.