- Green Technology
Power Up Your Day With Waste Food
Do you think in future USA will able to make green environment?
The various uses of waste food
Generating electricity from waste food or energy is a process in which energy is formed by igniting and producing heat from waste food. Most of the operations produce electricity directly through combustion of methane, ethanol or methane fuels.
There is a saying goes on-“Trash sells”. This proverb most probably suits best with the waste food. For example, Waste food can contribute to the climate change. We all know collecting waste food is the most difficult task and it is mostly used for land filling. Decomposed waste food creates methane gas, a powerful greenhouse gas contributes to the environment change.
Where only 2%-3% waste food can be used for generating electricity, the rest of the materials can be transformed to the fertilizer. Decomposing waste materials at the back yard or in the crop field can tremendously increase the fertility of your land.
Quiz 1view quiz statistics
Waste uses for landfilling
Why food waste is a problem
Millions of tons of food are thrown away every day. According to statistics, annually one third of the of global producing food are wasted among them 475 pounds of foods are being wasted individually each year. In developed countries the scenario of food waste is enormous due to quality standards. Generally, developing country's inhabitants tend to buy more food than they need and fail to manage their daily quota. Statistics show, in the US approximately 40% of food are wasted every year that can feed one billion malnutrition people each year.
On the other hand, In developing countries, food generally not waste for over consuming rather than poor structure of management of food. Inadequate harvesting method, packaging, transporting and proper marketing are the main reason of food waste in developing countries.
Quiz 2view quiz statistics
The problems of waste
How to reduce food waste
- Be economical: If you have four members in your home, purchase food according to it. If you do not cook food and usually buy food from outside, do not store green vegetables unnecessarily. Plan your daily meals do not shop unhealthy and expensive goods for your home.
- Try to use all of the things: When cooking, try to use all of the things for instances, try not waste the stems of bucolic or cucumber or peels of potatoes, they taste good I promise.
- Share your food with others: make a congenial bonding to your friends and families and neighbors. Share some foods with them or orphan children-- they will be grateful to you and save you a lot of money.
- Double check what you are throwing to bin: Some food items can be recycled or can be use some fancy purpose. Jot down everything what you are throwing in the bin for instance, freezing up your half of the loaf that you can eat it the next day (check expiry date before you freeze).
- Make tasty food items: Always try to make appetizing dishes to to your family so that your children do not neglect your food. A single tasty food item can be better than multiple food items.
- Always plan for an alternative: Suppose you have got birthday today and buy some Camembert to make an elegant dish. Suddenly, your birthday got cancelled, make an alternative plane and make different salads with it.
Reduce food waste
Cycle of generating electricity form Food waste
Steps of generating electricity from waste food
- Step one- Keep your food waste in the green bin:Try keep the waste in a cool place so that it does not get too smelly or hot. Do not keep the waste into plastic bags, use newspaper or paper bags to keep hygienic the bin bucket. Keep away the bin bucket from animals, if possible make a fence so that animals do not get closer to bin.
- Step two- waste food collection: After preserving garbage's to the bin, it's time to collect the waste food from your home. Place the bin outside the door or footpath on your property, make sure that do not get obstacle the pedestrian road. Do not use plastic bags to keep the garbage, if you do not have enough space to keep your waste, buy a new bin.
- Step three- Recycling process: After arriving the plant, the food waste is then separated by few mechanical and chemical process. The whole process is done by a sensor machine. In this process large amount of bio gas and carbon dioxide emits produces that resulting huge hit.
- Step four- Generate electricity: Each plant produces renewable energy and able to export electricity to the national grid. As a by product huge heat is also produced that may help other businesses instead of fossil fuel.
Lastly, will hygienic means recycle the waste material as much as possible and conserving the energy. Food waste is mainly used for land-filling purposes, but if we can take a few steps more we can save large amounts of fossil fuel by generating a huge amount of electricity or heat.
quiz 3view quiz statistics
Rate this article
© 2014 Mohammad Tanvir Ibne Amin