- Computers & Software
PowerAMP Android Review - Power Amp
The PowerAmp application is one of the best Android apps I have used so far. It is by far the best music app out of many I have tried. It has every feature I would ever wish for. If your in a hurry, read no further. Just go download the PowerAmp 5 day trial or even buy the full version for $4.99. I'm sure you will love it if you love listening to music on your droid as much as I do.
PowerAMPP makes listening to your music fun and easy and offers numerous ways to browse and play your music. It has just about every feature I could ever want. This is one of those Android applications that has every feature you would want and then some you probably wouldn't have thought of, but then end up finding very useful.
I really love PowerAMP, so much so that I'm taking the time to review this great 'Droid app so others like yourself can also enjoy listening to your music on the go in style.
PowerAMP Feature List
- Ability to browse your music via:
- All Songs
- Top Rated
- Recently Added
- Or via the actual folders that your music is stored in
- Create a queue of songs to play by browsing your music library via any of the above methods.
- You can tweak the sound of the music via either a 7 or 10 band EQ, equalizer.
- Are some of your mp3's lacking in volume? No problem! The 10 band EQ also offers a Preamp slider that will dynamically increase the playback volume of your songs. I really love this feature a lot and use it quite often.
- 16 EQ presets
- The ability to save your own EQ settings as a named preset.
- Besides using the EQ to shape the sound of your music you also can use Bass and Treble buttons in conjunction with the EQ or alone.
- Balance button.
- Stereo X button that expands the stereo field to make it sound wider.
- A limit button that will clip the output to stop distortion if a song is too much for your speakers.
- View and edit MP3 tags.
- View song lyrics while the mp3 is playing. (I haven't used this feature any)
- A search feature. Type in what your looking for.
- Repeat button - Repeat List, Advance List, Repeat Song
- Shuffle button - Shuffle Songs, Shuffle Lists, Shuffle Songs / Lists
- Option to display the songs recorded frequency, bit rate and format. i.e. 44.1 khz 320 kbps mp3
- Simply click on the 1-5 stars icons while a song is playing to rate it. Then later you can browse your music via the "Top Rated" method.
- You can easily create multiple playlists and name them as you like. PowerAmp also supports Winamp style playlists.
- Displays album art which you can manually set to a specific picture on your device.
- Several skins to choose from.
I have only touched on the major features here and I'm sure I've forgot a few. Then there are so many things you can tweak within the settings that if I were to cover those I would be writing this hub all day today and tomorrow. Yea PowerAMP is THAT feature rich.
Let me wrap this up by saying this. Right now I'm listening to Van Halen's Eruption (The Best Version) with the volume and the preamp set to the max on my Logitech Wireless Boombox speakers, and some other speakers, and it sounds totally awesome! PowerAmp's EQ and preamp let me adjust everything so it sounds pretty damn sweet.
While most MP3 players sound great it really comes down to the features a music app has. This is where PowerAMP kills the competition. Go download PowerAMP right now, check it out, then come back and leave a comment expressing your opinion of PowerAMP. Also be sure to leave your PowerAMP rating via the cool little stars below. PowerAMP rocks, right? Of course it does.
PowerAMP User Ratings
PowerAMP User Satisfaction Poll
Is PowerAmp the best music application for Android?
By Anthony Goodley ©Anthony Goodley 2012 All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
If you found this hub useful please Rate It "Up" using the green oval button below. You can easily share this hub with your friends with the "Share It" button. You can also rate this hub as "Useful" and "Awesome" or whatever you like!