10 All Time Best Basecamp Alternative for Project Management
In this article, I'll highlight the top 10 free BaseCamp alternatives, and walk you through how to use each free project management tool to take full advantage of its features. We use Basecamp for its mind-blowing performance and simplicity. Basecamp might be the most commonly used web platform for online project management and project collaboration. These free project management tools can help you to stay on track by creating a virtual base of operations. Keep in mind that while all these tools are free, most of them offer advanced features for a fee (monthly or annually). Project management tools help reduce dependency on emails and is best suitable to be used in integration with internal communication tools like, Slack or hipchat. From Gantt charts to iPhone apps to track your projects, these project managers have it all.
Project Management ToolClick thumbnail to view full-size
Basecamp is one of the most popular online project management solutions, but its glory days seem to be over. Common complaints about Basecamp include outdated interface, lack of free plan and social collaboration tools, techno centricity that make Basecamp a poor choice for regular businesses, and absence of common PM tools, such as Gantt chart or employee workload management, which are only available as third party extensions that have to be purchased. Below there are Top 5 basecamp alternative:
1. wrike.com - Wrike is a full-featured and easy-to-use project management system that is trusted by thousands of co-located and distributed teams for project planning, tracking and online collaboration. Wrike is business management software that combines the functionality of project planning, marketing project management, scheduling software, task management and time tracking software. Wrike integrates with popular productivity tools to make it easy for you to manage your day-to-day work and get it done on time. For example,Wrike for Google Apps allows you to organize tasks, manage projects and efficiently collaborate without leaving your Google account.
2. podio.com - With Podio you can organize and connect everything you work with. Manage your projects, customers, you name it. Work is structured – so everyone knows what they're supposed to do, while always keeping sight of the bigger picture. It is believed that the tool is transparent and flexible which leads to a better way of working. Everything flows into the same tool, giving you less unstructured communication and better overviews.
3. Bitrix24.com – Unlimited projects can be accessed, Tasks and subtasks can be assigned on it.There are 35+ collaboration tools and it is free for 12 users, Solutions are peovided for HR and Sales department of an organization.
4. Teamwork.com - Teamwork.com has excellent time tracking features, a free time-tracking desktop widget for PC and Mac, billing features and reporting. You cannot be highly organized without occasionally breaking your tasks into smaller chunks. Easily and quickly create recurring tasks to help take the pain out of managing your project. In the *real world* it often doesn't matter who does a task so long as it gets done. Or you may need each person to perform the ask. Attach required files directly to your tasks, no more saying, "please refer to the file I uploaded into the project or on a discussion". With Teamwork.com the files are attached directly to the tasks and even to the comments.
5. Jira.com - JIRA is the tracker for teams planning and building great products. Thousands of teams choose JIRA to capture and organize issues, assign work, and follow team activity. At your desk or on the go with the new mobile interface, JIRA helps your team get the job done.
6. Zoho.com - Plan Projects with Ease Milestones, tasklists and tasks help you easily break down complex projects into easily manageable units. Get more refined control with subtasks, recurring tasks and dependencies. Get In Depth Insights with Charts and Reports, Employees, clients, vendors or consultants, nearby or from remote locations, all can work together seamlessly with a set of collaboration tools. All working on a project can easily log their billable and non-billable hours using timesheets. Log bugs and track them as they get fixed and tested. Define custom workflows and business rules. Track code changes made in Github and Bitbucket. "Zoho Projects provides cloud-based collaboration that supports our company’s structure and work style. If we didn't use it, our job would be hard!" - Philip Debarae.
7. Asana.com – They have re-imagined how the teamwork has to be done through fast and flexible web and mobile applications. The friction of communicating the right amount of information, to the right people, at the right time, in the right place, gets in the way of teamwork. This friction lowers our collective productivity. Asana is designed to improve the productivity of teams and increase the potential output of every team.
8. Freedcamp.com - You have no excuse for not trying our system. Sign up now and enjoy unlimited projects and users forever! Takes only a few minutes. Different teams have different needs, and every project is different. We give you the tools you need when you need them.Through their revolutionary platform, all your employees can communicate in one central location increasing productivity and communication. When you use Freedcamp you can feel 110% secure at every moment. We protect our users with the type of security Microsoft and other Fortune 500 companies use. We also protect your data and information by never sharing it with anyone and backing it up daily.
9. Glip.com – 36% of your time is spent in your Inbox , Glip gives you that time back providing built in chat, tasks, calendar, file sharing , video conferencing, among other tools. Sometimes we travel and work from home. Glip is the interface that makes those things possible without
needing to be at the office. It’s fast, easy, and best of all it’s completely free. Having to rely on email notifications for important events from your other apps would be counter productive, so Glip offers a slew of integrations that notify you of those events right in the conversation stream of your choice.
10. Trello.com - Trello is the free, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone. Drop the lengthy email threads, out-of-date spreadsheets, no-longer-so-sticky notes, and clunky software for managing your projects. Trello lets you see everything about your project in a single glance. Trello stays perfectly in sync across all your devices, wherever you are. Trello will never overwhelm you with features you won’t use. For those who want more out of their boards, there are Power-Ups like calendar, card aging, and voting, that you can turn on. It’s a way to offer more without cluttering things for everyone. Millions of people and companies of all kinds and sizes love using Trello.
I have mentioned best Top 10 alternative for basecamp and which are used by various companies at various levels these project management tool will ease the work load and do the things systematically, hassle free, without holding any work in between. As there is an increase in demand for project management tool, each and every company mentioned above is trying to give best service and meeting all the expectations of their clients.
If you have any suggestions please do comment about the same.