Pros and Cons of using All in One Computers with Touch Screen
All in one Computers
If you decide to buy yourself a new computer and you are short on desk space then an all in one computer may be the way to go for you as this one will not take up as much room or space on your desk.
Although before you buy anything at all you need to do your research. Computers are no different. If you are a photographer or use your computer on the internet uploading photos to different sites then make sure it has at least 4 gig of Ram or Memory. Especially if you need to have several images open at the one time.
The bigger the processor the better, although I am not going to say which is best for you. If you wish to play big games then you will also need one with a good graphics card.
The Computer developers created these using the same features as a normal desktop PC with the exception of the CPU and all the other components being inside the screen. This has also reduced the need for so many electric leads everywhere on your desk.
It reduces the amount of leads as the keyboard and mouse are controlled with wireless. You will still need a power cable to the back of the screen and for the extra drives, printers and other extras. Which still saves clutter on your desk as it is more compact
Touch screen computers
The pros of buying the all in one computer
Here is a list of all the benefits:
- They save you desk space
- No power leads to mouse or keyboard on desk
- More stylish
- No more big clumsy desktop PC case to find room for
- All in one computers reasonably priced and cheaper than laptops
- Touch screens are great and simple to use
- Upgrade Memory
- Company may replace with new one if faulty
- Good for multimedia computer
- Easy to set up which means great for non technical people
- Easy to move about the home as only one power cable
- Complete with web cam, speakers and microphone. Works well with windows 7 speech recognition
- Has its own on screen keyboard
The cons of buying the all in one computer
Disadvantages of the all in one Computer:
- Upgrading is not as simple
- Limited to memory upgrade
- Cannot upgrade or access other components
- Not great as a gaming computer
- No good for the technical computer whiz, as you can not interact with it.
- If breaks down you cannot repair
- Not enough cooling
- Can not adjust screen height
HP All in one Computers
Pros of using the Touch Screen
- If your mouse fails you can still work the computer
- Easy to use
- Hard surface not soft like the laptop screen
- Great for enlarging, rotating and interacting with pictures and photos
- Easy to wipe clean with damp cloth to remove those sticky finger marks
Cons of the Touch Screen:
- Need to sit close to use as touch screen
- Insects or flies touching screen will open files and interfere with operation which can be very annoying.
- Not waterproof, therefore wipe with damp cloth only
- Can not adjust the height
My personal experience
I bought an HP Touch Smart 310 all in one Computer . I have found it great to use and was very easy to set up even if you are a non technical minded person.
It is pre-loaded with the Windows 7 Home Edition and many other normal HP features.
My only bug is the fact that tiny insects that can get into our home through the fly screens can interfere by landing on the screen. Touch screens are very sensitive to even the lightest touch of an insect touching the screen.
They may land on a link and open pages that you don't want to interact with. If a moth flits about on the screen it causes the same effect as if we touched it our self.
Otherwise I am very satisfied with this all in one HP 310 Computer. I found this computer has its own inbuilt speakers and microphone which enables me to speak directly into the screen and works great with Windows 7 home edition speech Recognition. This saves me having to type everything I write.