- Computers & Software
Quotes about Computer Stress
Home Computing PCs
I have been going through some stress the last two days where my Personal Computer contracted a 'Security System Virus', it has taken me a couple of days to get the Internet sorted again and I found these quotes to be comforting and amusing! So if anyone has had similar problems with their computer or laptop I would recommend these for relaxation from stress!
1. The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back. - Author Unknown
2. 'User' The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot' - Dave Barry
3. Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining. - Jef Raskin
4. I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Steven Hawking
5. Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.
- Edsger Dijkstra
6. Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
- Pablo Picasso
7. Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns. - Mitch Ratcliffe
8. After a day spent staring at a computer monitor, think of a book as a kind of screen saver for your brain - Unknown
9. Science is supposedly the method by which we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. In computer science, we all are standing on each others' feet. - G. Popek
10. This manual says what our product actually does, no matter what the salesman may have told you it does. - In Computer Sales Manual
11. Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code - Unknown
12. Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips. - Unknown
13. Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows. - Unknown
14. Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver error. - Unknown
15. I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. - Issac Asimov
16. Security is, I would say, our top priority because for all the exciting things you will be able to do with computers.. organizing your lives, staying in touch with people, being creative.. if we don't solve these security problems, then people will hold back. Businesses will be afraid to put their critical information on it because it will be exposed. - Bill Gates
17. The perfect computer has been developed. You just feed in your problems and they never come out again. - Al Goodman
18. The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a bit. - Eric Porterfield
19. Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Unknown
20. You see, we at Microsoft believe in making computing easier! What could be easier for consumers than having only ONE choice of software? - Unknown
That was my favorite quote which I chose to end the hub! I really hope these have relieved you or made you laugh the way they did for me.
2nd photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/coso_blues/2429847383/