Re-write Your Website Content to Get More Traffic
How Google's Algorithm Changes Affect Website Content
Google tweaks and improves their search algorithms all the time. The last big change affected website content which in turn affected roughly 12% of Google results. Websites with quality content benefitted from the changes, while sites with dodgy, copied, or irrelevant content suffered from Google's algorithm changes.
How to re-write your website content in line with Google's new algorithm changes:
- Make sure all your content is unique and not copied or 'borrowed' from other sites.
- Write your website content with your target visitor in mind. Ask yourself who reads your website and what do they want to find on your pages? Then provide that information as simply and clearly as possible. You score big points for relevancy.
- Include user feedback, comments and testimonials. Google loves sites with fresh, interesting and useful content.
- Don't pull articles or feeds from other sites. Rather re-write in a unique voice, tailored to your target audience.
- Be sure all articles are free of spelling and grammatical errors. This is easy to do with spelling and grammar checks.
- Make sure your content is all factually correct.
- Use expert feedback, endorsements or opinions to give your site credibility. A trustworthy site will have a far greater conversion rate than those that have no credibility.
- Include market or product research and analysis to add depth to your content.Use statistics but sparingly and where necessary. If your site is scientific or medical, obviously statistics will impress and convince your target audience. On the other hand, if your site provides advice for parents or dog-lovers for example, then too many statistics will only put them off. So be logical and use where relevant and in ways that enhance and back-up your information.
- Add sharing buttons to your pages. Information that is worth sharing is ranked highly by Google's search engines. Set up Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin accounts, depending on what will work best to get you more traffic. Again, apply logic. If you're an engineering firm then Facebook may not be the best social media platform for you. On the other hand, if you're providing childcare advice, then targeting the parents via Facebook may be extremely feasable for you.
- Make sure the architecture of your site is simple enough to be easily "crawled" by the search engine bots. This allows all pages of your site to be indexed and ranked accordingly. An uncomplicated site structure means using URL's that are not too complex. If you use a content management system watch out for extra parameters and extensions. There are ways of dealing with complex URLs to make them easier to "crawl" but if you're designing your website from scratch, remember to use simple, clear directory names. It will save you a lot of trouble later.
- Link to your site from high quality, relevant websites. This will raise the quality of your inbound links and help you achieve high Google ranking results. Sites with inferior rankings or suspect content will damage your own rankings so avoid like the plague.
- Maximise usibility by ease of navigation through your site. Let users get to those deeper pages that contain content specific to them through well paced links within your text as well as quicklinks or buttons on the site of the site.
I hope you found this hub useful. If so please let me know by clicking the "useful" button below. It is possible to increase your Google rankings just by making a few strategic changes to your website. If you follow the new content rules above, you should see an immediate improvement in your website's rankings and conversion rates.
All the best.
Your Web Copy Guru
Other Web Optimisation Hubs By WebCopyGuru
- Ten Ways To Make Money From Your Website
This hub outlines ten useful ways to make money from your personal website or blog. Making money online is not difficult if you know which tools to use. This outline is great as a beginners starter to making money online.
- Google AdWords for Low Budgets
Google AdWords can be complicated at the best of times, but if you're a small business with a low budget, it can be a quagmire of confusion. Follow my top tips for creating an effective Google AdWords campaign with a low budget.
- Top 10 SEO Tips for Your Website
Increase your website's SEO and Google Rank with these top 10 easy-to-implement SEO tips by a veteran SEO Expert.