- Computers & Software»
- Operating Systems
RedPill - Matrix Screen Saver for Mac OS X
Newer MacOS 10.12 Sierra Now Supported with "RedPill v12Sierra"
Please visit the following link:
RedPill - for OS X Mavericks !! Yay!!
The developer has stopped the support of this very famous Matrix screensaver for Mac OS X. Its one of my favourite and hence I decided to download the code and build it again for the latest version.
It's a matrix code screensaver that displays tumbling matrix characters inspired from the movie. Unlike other screensavers this one is ad-free and malware/adware free. Its compiled natively and hence very light over CPU/GPU. The battery consumption won't be much and the screen looks gorgeous!
I've build and compiled the original source code using XCode 5 for build platform Mac OS 10.9. I hope that it will work on Lion 10.7 and Mt. Lion 10.8. If you face any issues, please comment and let me know.
[Update Feb 2016] So far its working fine with Yosemite 10.10 and El Capitan 10.11.3.
[Update Feb 2016] PS: It has a generic icon in screen saver section. In case you are not able to find it, please scroll down and look for Redpill in screensaver properties.
- Download the screen saver from the link
- Unzip it and you'll find RedPill.saver
- Double click on it
- System Preferences will pop up where it will ask you to install it
- Go ahead and install it
- Choose "RedPill" from the list of installed screen savers. Mostly It will be shown in last.
- For configuring the speed and various other options, you can click on Screen Saver Options right below the screen saver preview window.
- By default it will work on all the monitors attached to your Mac but that can be modified in Screen Saver Options.
If you are a Matrix Movie fan (like I am ;) ) looking for the Matrix Code screensaver for your Mac you can download this make it your screensaver!
Your generous donations will be deeply helpful in development of updated screensaver software version for new OS X released. Please follow the following link to my blog's donation page.