- Computers & Software»
- Operating Systems
Reset Windows Password Using TRK
Trinity Rescue Kit
Forgot the password, don't worry
- Download TRK.
- Burn the image to a disk. You can also make a bootable USB stick (use trk2usb)
- Boot from CD or USB. Select Default.
- At the commmand prompt type "winpass -l" , this will list all windows installations.
- Select the installation you need.
- Now you will get a list of usernames and password policies for that installation.
- Note the name of the user you need to reset.
- Type "winpass -u username" next.
- Select "Y" to proceed as needed.
- Type "exit". Type "reboot".
- Now you are all done.
You did It
Finally you have bypassed it, so from now onwards please remember the passwords you create or use a password manager it keep them safe if you have many. Have a great day.