- Android Phones
Review of Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Xiaomi's Trend setting mobiles
Xiaomi Inc. Literally mean "Xiaomi Tech" is a technology owned by Chineseelectronics company. The headquarters of this company is in Beijing. This company is one of biggest electronic company in China which designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, mobile apps and smart phones. The first smart phone was released in August 2011. Since then, Xiaomi has gained major market share in mainland China and started expanding and developing a variety of consumer electronics. This company has more than 3,000 employees majority of them based in China. This company is has also branches in Malaysia and Singapore. Now this company has started expanding to other countries like India and Indonesia.
Xiaomi china based company earlier released two mobiles into the market, one of them is Xiaomi Mi3 which was a biggest hit in china and also Asian countries. This brand brought down the sales of one of the leading mobile producers of USA i.e., Apple and Samsung.
Commercialization of the brand
Xiaomi's Redmi and Mi3 phones made their premiere inception in Singapore in early 2014. In Singapore, on 7th of March,2014 Xiaomi Mi3 batches were sold out within 2 minutes of the opening day sale. Next to Singapore, this company has commercialized its products in Malaysia, Philippines and India, and also has plans to enter in the markets of countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Russia, Turkey, Brazil and Mexico in near future.
MIUI (operating system)
MiWiFi (network router)
MiTV (Smart TV line)
MiBox (set-top box)
MiCloud (cloud storage service)
MiTalk (messaging service)
MiPower Bank (external battery)
Mi Band (fitness monitor & sleep tracker)
In March 2014, RedMi Note which is called as HongMi Note in some of the Asian countries was declared by Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun. The RedMi Note features a 5.5-inch High Definition display with One Glass Solution (OGS) technology and an octa-core processor. The two variants of the RedMi Note are
1) 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage
2) 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
The phablet was made available for pre-order on 19 March exclusively through a mobile application from Tencent.
Rating for the mobile
Redmi 1s features
Key Features of Xiaomi Redmi 1s:
1) Redmi’s large screen with 4.7-inch Touchscreen
2) Redmi’s Operating system is Android v4.3 Jelly Bean
3) Redmi’s Memory expandable upto 64GB
4) 8 Mega Pixel Rear Camera and with 1.6 Mega Pixel Front Camera
5) Redmi’s new technology proven highly protected AGC Dragontrail Scratch Resistant Glass
6) Quad core processor each with 1.6 GHz MSM8228, which is most advanced technology presented in an economical smartphone.
7) Redmi 1s has Dual SIM capacity with two GSM SIMs (GSM+GSM)
1) 8MP rear camera with LED flash and video recording. Redmi camera enables you to record high definition videos with 1080p calrity. The IPS technology of this phone enhances the clarity of the video.
2) 1.6MP front camera with Front camera with 720p High Definition video recording, which would assist in Skype calling and video calling, Video calling would be better with 3G networks
In Plance Switching (IPS) Technology
Enjoy the superfine clarity of the picture, Redmi 1s is presented with a 1280x720 display and 312 pixel per inch. This technology allows you to enjoy crisp photos on your phone. In-Plane Switching technology which is inbuilt in this phone aids to deliver amazing colors from any viewing angle.
Vote for the best mobile available in the market
Which is the best mobile available in the market
- 0% I phone 5
- 0% Samsung S5/Note 3
- 0% Xiaomi Mi3/Mi4
- 0% Moto G/E/X
This poll is now closed to voting.
Positives and Negatives
1) Great Battery life: Redmi 1s offers a greater battery life, the battery life lasts for 48hrs in normal usage mode, in 3G internet usage mode the battery lasts for 24hrs. This is one of the best selling feature of the mobile.
- Battery capacity (2000 mAh)
- Removable battery
2) Good Display : As already mentioned good displayfeature elevates its standards and stabilizes its position in the market
- Screen size - 4.70
- Capacitive touch
- Colours - 16M
- 720x1280 pixels
- Rear Camera - 8MP
- Front Camera- 1.6 MP
- Flash - Available
1) Very low RAM
2) Usual Design
Wi-Fi standards supported
802.11 b/ g/ n
Charging via Micro-USB
Regular, GSM, 3G
Regular, GSM, not 3G
Redmi 1s Review
Xiaomi Redmi 1s
Sensors in Redmi 1s
Ambient light sensor