- Android Phones
Samsung Galaxy Ace Gingerbread Review: Android 2.3.4 DDKQ5 Base Band Version
A link of the procedure is embeded at the bottom of this article with video tutorial!
Latest build is: Gingerbread 2.3.5 XWKS9
Have you upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Ace to the latest Gingerbread edition of Android operating system? If not, then you are missing out on some great performance benefits by upgrading Gingerbread on your Smartphone.
I would not be telling you the procedure to upgrade the operating system but I would gladly provide you the link about how to do it yourself. The procedure is super easy and works like a charm. You won’t be able to look at your Samsung Galaxy Ace without being amazed and I can guarantee that!
Follow through the article to get a glimpse of Samsung Galaxy Ace Gingerbread, alright?
- First thing that you will notice is how quickly the phone will boot up when you have upgraded the operating system.
- Don’t press the power button too long. Just count to three seconds in your mind and leave it. You will see that the phone picks up the start-up signal in just a matter of 3 seconds.
- After Galaxy Ace has started, you will few changes in your screen. For some reason, it would look better than before and the dashboard will become slightly gray in colour.
- The battery sign will no longer be in horizontal, it will be in vertical manner. The icons related to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Vibration and Auto Rotation, will become green when clicked and that is the new theme friends with Gingerbread.
- Other things that would be noticeable are the speed, response time of apps and better RAM memory distribution. I know that many folks have said that Gingerbread is eating more RAM in Samsung Galaxy Ace after upgrading, but at least that is not the case with me. The RAM is now sufficiently available for other apps that run in background while I am working on other apps.
- The camera is working really fine and the videos can now be saved in MP4 format without a hitch.
- The video playback support has been greatly increased and Quadrant Standard app tells me that now my Galaxy Ace is better than HTC Desire, Nexus One and Samsung Galaxy S with an score of 986 and it is very respectable score considering the price range of this Smartphone.
- The phone has become quick with multi-tasking and when you type quickly, the characters are updated quicker than before.
- All in all, Samsung Galaxy Ace has become better than before because of Android 2.3.4 upgrade, also known as, Gingerbread.
Get Gingerbread Keyboard!
How to get gingerbread keyboard on Samsung Galaxy Ace?
- The keyboard of Galaxy Ace is still intact and works the same. I am not saying that it is bad or anything. I am just saying that the black keyboard looked awesome when I saw in Gingerbread ready Smartphones.
- So, how do you get it? Well, the good news is that apps work really fine with Ace after upgrading. The crashing of apps (which is a little bit problem with operating system too) is nearly gone and the support and quality is greatly increased.
- Open Android Market on your pc or Galaxy Ace. Type Gingerbread Keyboard in the search field and it will return you some relevant results.
- Install Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steven Lin. Look at the screenshot below for clearance.
Select your Gingerbread Theme!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Buy Samsung Galaxy Ace before you try any of these tips!
- As you can see, the app is free to install. When you are done installing. You will see option to activate it in Settings> Locale and text> Scroll down to last and you will see Gingerbread Keyboard. Check the box to activate it.
- You can go through the Gingerbread Keyboard settings and familiarize with all the options that it offers or you can use it directly.
- When you are to type something, just after this activation. Tap on the typing field for a little longer till you see a pop-up with Input Method. Select it and it will present you available keyboards. Select Gingerbread keyboard and you are done.
- You will not have to change it every time. This change will make it permanent for every application until you change it again with this same method in the previous keyboard, say Samsung Default Keyboard.
How to get Gingerbread theme on Samsung Galaxy Ace?
- To get a feeling that you are closer to Gingerbread a bit more. You can install Gingerbread theme.
- You know that Nexus S theme with lights coming from left, right, top and bottom. It is the Nexus live wallpaper that will motivate you few steps further into Gingerbread goodness.
- You can install Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper app and it will give you an amazing feeling of being even more close to Gingerbread (if that means anything to you).
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Gingerbread 2.3.4 Now!
- How To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace GT S5830 to Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXKPH Firmware | Android Advices
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.2 Froyo build to 2.3.5 Gingerbread build right now.
Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Gingerbread 2.3.5 XWKS9 Version
- Gingerbread 2.3.5 XWKS9 Update for Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 | Android Advices
This article will help users of Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 to upgrade their firmware to XWKS9 which is the latest version of Android firmware.
- After you have installed the app. Tap the main screen long enough and select Wallpapers from the popup window. Select Live Wallpapers from the next window and you will see your live wallpaper that you have installed just now.
- Select it and select Set Wallpaper after it satisfies you with the awesome background with live LED lights.
- I personally like the Live Wallpaper from Gingerbread because it has a nice soft background and if you like to have few apps on the home screen then the background gives a really smooth 3-D feeling.
So, Time to wrap it up!
I believe that it is time to wrap it up because I have already told you what I wanted to. The latest version that you can download and install is Android 2.3.4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace.
To verify the version, head over to Settings> About Phone> Scroll down to see Android Version: 2.3.4, Build Number: Gingerbread.DDKQ5, etc.
This is it for this article. I hope it will help you to make the decision of upgrading the device yourself. Upgrading doesn’t violate the warranty (if you are scared of it) and at least for me, the Gingerbread version is far more stable than Froyo.
Disclaimer: The video belongs to its respective uploader on YouTube. Sharing is done for informational purposes only.